8/22/11

A happy day.

It's kind of amazing to think that just one year ago we were here. Davis was just six months old, I was still getting the hang of being a new mom & we were living in Bountiful, in the first house we have ever owned. And now, I sit here in Vegas with an 18 month old, a new job (for Ryan), and new surroundings. 

Life goes fast, doesn't it? 

We celebrated on Saturday with my favorite cake from here (I ate it yesterday for breakfast, lunch & dinner! It's that good). That night we grabbed a quick dinner here (truly some of the best sushi I have ever had). And then Ryan surprised me with amazing tickets to see this show. Which was so fun & so good! We loved it. 

It was just a really, really happy day & so nice to spend it at home! 


A true moment. We are slightly dysfunctional. 
side note: Happy Birthday to our blog! It has been one year & one month since we first stepped into the world of blogging. So wish I would have started doing this years ago.

11 comments:

Jenna Rabe said...

Happy Birthday beautiful!!! Glad you had a great birthday!! That cake reminds me of your birthday in Vegas forever ago when we ate it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. SOO YUMMY!! Love you!

Mara and Jae said...

happy birthday a little late! whit you're super gorgeous as ever! glad you had an awesome day :)

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

Yay! Looks like such a fun day...too bad we couldn't be there with you to celebrate and pee in the parking lot of Cirque du Soleil. (took me 20min to spell that) Next time.
Amazing fast time flies and things change. So glad you had a great day!
xoxo

Jess said...

So glad you had such a fun birthday Whit! Ps I have that skirt and it is my all time favorite :)

Bridget said...

yeah you deserve it! happy birthday. also where did you get that cute skirt

Tom & Allie said...

i'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday!! sad we couldn't share it together! next year! (or maybe on a weekend in the near future?) ;) love u tons!!! (ps. i have that same skirt and i almost wore it on my(our) bday too but then realized arizona was 115 degrees! ha!)

jeff and kort said...

You seriously are so beautiful! Anddd your family is darling!! I love reading your blog!

scott and linds said...

Happy Birthday Whitney! Your little family is just the cutest. ;) Love that Anthro skirt, too! What a beautiful lady and what a fun way to celebrate! Who knows where you'll all be next year! Enjoy it now!

Lauren said...

happy b-day - I love that you had a yummy dinner and a show - so fun to be wined and dined even when you're married. I'll let my hubby know ;)

jocelyn said...

you look so so pretty (as is customary). sounds like you had a great day! i thought i spotted a nothing bundt cake in the fb picture you posted. those are absolutely my favorite too!

Michelle said...

Happy birthday! How did I not know that last year at the John Mayer concert it was your birthday?! We should do that again someday!