We were invited to a picnic today at a new friends house for lunch. Upon walking in the door Davis spotted a few of his nursery friends & decided to have a complete and utter melt down for a good 20 minutes. He went into panic mode thinking that I was dropping him off (like we do every sunday at nursery). It was a not so proud parent moment as I sat on our blanket in the back yard trying to converse with other moms & make us friends while my child clung to my leg & screamed at the top of his lungs. And then (after a solid 20 minutes!) he popped up & was happy as could be running around & playing. So for my sanity's sake, I'm going to remember happier times earlier this week & last.
We purchased annual passes to Disneyland. I think it was one of the best purchases we've made in 2012 thus far. We have been twice in the last two weeks and both were just happy, happy days! We had minimal melt downs & the sweetest friends to share both days with us. One afternoon the friends we had met up with left and Davis & I had a few hours with just the two us in the park before we headed home. It was bliss. I kept waiting for an epic meltdown, but miracles happen and we kind of had the perfect afternoon. He held my hand in the lines, we watched a parade & rode the train around the entire park twice because he insisted. It was a brief few hours I will never forget & one you wish you could freeze in time. Sometimes I love when it's just the two of us.
Come visit us friends, and lets go to Disneyland!

3 comments:
on our way, jordan and I both have season passes!
too funny davis thought you were leaving him!!! gotta admit there is something a little magical about disneyland!
ahhh so fun...we wanna come to Disneyland!
I love Davis...I think Mason caught his clinger bug because now Mason will not let me out of his site or drop him off anywhere! I took him to the gym nursery and the second we pulled into the parking lot he had major melt down..started screaming...I took him in anyways. It was a disaster.
Love and miss you! Glad you were able to have a weekend all to yourself. Sounds wonderful!
Post a Comment