12/7/12

1,700 lights...

That is exactly how many it took to fill this yummy smelling 13ft. Christmas tree. I blew a fuse, fell off & tipped over the chair (a few times) & have approximately 20 cheap/ plastic gold ornaments from Walmart to put on it. But we have a tree! And it just makes me smile every day at approximately 4:30pm when I flip the switch to turn on the lights or when I drive up to the house and see it all light up through the windows. It's Christmas in exactly 18 days! That makes my heart race to even say. Bennett will be 6 months this month & Davis will be 3 just shortly after. Oh my gads! As my grandmother would say. 

After Davis so kindly busted into Bennett's room, flipped on the lights, turned off his sound machine & climbed in his crib (a new routine for Davis) jumping up & down exclaiming, "Mom! Bennett wake up, bennett wake up!" clearly waking him up from his morning nap. I suppose he just loves him (a little too much?). He's a good big brother. So, we decided to all come downstairs & stay busy putting our obviously fancy ornaments up on the tree. 

Ps. Next year I'm investing in a fake pre lit tree & today I am investing in those twisty door knob locks. Bless those second siblings!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cute boy you have! Decorations or not the tree still brings the Christmas smell!

Anonymous said...

We dont even have our tree up yet! Ha! So glad you have a little helper with your tree though!

Mara and Jae said...

real trees with their yummy smell are awesome, but pre-lit trees are awesome too :)

get one right after christmas, they're a steal of a deal!