9/2/10

A Work in Progress

Ryan and I officially became home owners this last November. As we started the hunt to find a new home, I was 5 months pregnant and so excited to find the perfect home for our new baby to come home to. When Ryan first drove me up to this house and told me, "All this glory could be ours baby" I about died laughing in his face thinking he was obviously joking. Poor Ryan... he was serious, I had never seen him so excited about anything in his life! Which made me happy. He had an incredible vision for the house, which took me a couple weeks to see. I said as long as I can bring our baby home to it and all the renovations inside will be done, then Let's do it.
The house was built in 1905 and it had always been owned by the same family that built it. There is a barn in the back yard that people lived in during the Great Depression. We loved the history that the house had, however knew it had an overwhelming amount of work to be done on it.
We officially closed on it in November and this beauty of a dump was ours. They started construction in December and everything was finished by February, just in time. You can only imagine the anxiety and panic attacks I was having as I was trying to nest and get everything ready with no house to get everything ready in! The night I went into labor, February 10th, Ryan was setting things up and I was cleaning the floors. The very first night we spent in our new home, was the day we brought our sweet baby Davis home from the hospital. I was determined to be IN our house even if we didn't have any furniture in it. All I needed was my bed and a bathroom... right?
All in all, we (or should I say I) have grown to love this house more than anything and it will always have a special place in our hearts. We will never get rid of it. We still have BIG plans for the outside of the house and need to finish up the yard. But that will be another day, for now we are on to new adventures, but will always hold this home so dear to us.


Family Room/ Entrance... Before


Before
























After





































Kitchen... Before













































In these next three pictures, we ended up blowing out this wall and opening up the kitchen more. The washer/ Dryer is now in the closet to the right.




































Master Bedroom... Before















Just off the Master Bedroom was a big open room, we divided it off and made it into an office for Ryan and Walk-in closet.

























































Hallway to bathroom and Nursery







































Baby's Room




























Bathroom... Before





















































After
























































No yard work had been done on the house in years... scary

















After





8 comments:

The Alvords said...

Wow, and I thought our house was a project! You did an incredible job. It is GORGEOUS! Seriously, you guys have a gift, it is beautiful. Tell Ryan that that armoire was worth it, it's stunning- even though it might be back breakingly heavy.

mb said...

Oh. My. GOSH!! I am so impressed!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it's so beautiful!

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

you guys did such a good job...it looks amazing. The before pictures are crazy.

Haskell's said...

Great work. i am not really sure why you changed up the master bed room though. I thought it was so classy and just perfect... that's my only complaint. Just kidding. You should remodel old homes for people. you are really good at it. I can't wait for girls night. love ya

k. said...

That walk-in closet makes my heart go pitter-patter. :)

Beautiful!

Whitney Nelson said...

As you know whitney dear...this is my dream, to remodel a home...and again, as you know, I'm obsessed with your house...and someday want to rent it out while you, Ryan & baby davis are traveling away. Ha! By the way! I hadn't ever seen the BEFORE pictures!! HA HA! Oh my gosh! Now I appreciate even more the work you went through! Love it Whit. Always will! Love you!

Emily said...

I give you all the respect in the world my friends. I was freaking out the whole year before Ethan was born because I didn't have his nursery ready.... but a whole house? Wow! It looks great! Nice job.

Unknown said...

Wow, come decorate my house, please! It's gorgeous! Good for you guys!