10/4/10

We Moved

I have been a little slow keeping on top of things. These past few weeks have been a little crazy for us. We moved, and this last weekend we were in Phoenix visiting President and Sister Howes. We have been busy, but it's been fun!

We officially made the move down to Las Vegas about the last week in Sept. As we pulled away from our house, I looked back to take one last look. It made me cry. That chapter of our life is over. It made me sad to think that the house that we made a home, that we once brought our new Baby Davis too, we are probably never going to live in again. I think that any new big change is emotional. At least for me it always is. Whether its getting married, moving, having a baby, etc. it always takes me a minute to adjust.

So we made it... Of course as luck would have it, the day we got here I came down with a terrible head cold. So getting unpacked and settled took me a little longer than planned. Actually lets be honest, I'm still not totally unpacked and organized. Probably won't be for the next couple months. I like to pretend and tell myself that I can just move in and in one week have everything organized, decorated and in its place, but unfortunately that's just not me. I would much rather sit and play with Davis anyway than get things done! Which reminds me, I need to give a big update on him. He is growing and changing way to fast these days.

It is hot here. Like it's October, and 105 degrees out. What! Where oh where is my fall weather? I am missing it terribly. However, I am loving the nights, I feel like its just an extension of those amazing summer nights you never want to end. Driving with the windows down, not having to wear a jacket. I am loving that.  However, All I want to do is pull out my boots, jackets, and scarves. Hopefully soon it will start to cool down.

We are loving our new house and neighborhood,( especially the astro turf and desert landscaping...classy!) except for the fact that it's big & empty. Like all we really have is a couch, kitchen table, ours and Davis' bedroom stuff, and a TV. So first on the list this week is to buy furniture, lots and lots of furniture. We have so many rooms to fill its kind of overwhelming, but exciting at the same time. I think it may take us a little longer to adjust here, since neither Ryan nor I are big fans of the desert. However, I have lots of family here which is nice. Davis is the 8th generation to live in Las Vegas. Can you believe that! My mom's side of the family has pretty deep roots here. We are happy and content. You know when you get that warm fuzzy feeling inside, like when you just know you are where your suppose to be. Well I got that the other day when I was driving. It made me smile. It was a good feeling.


At our home in Bountiful. Our Apple trees were almost ready to pick :( 
Last Sunday, just enjoying the beautiful fall weather outside.

Friends Resh & Lindsey just had beautiful Kennedy Quinn, so we just had to stop for a visit before we headed out of town. This is also where Davis was born. When did he get so big? 





5 comments:

{Levi and Em} said...

A: I love that Davis and Ryan have the same face in their picture together!!
B: Just give the desert weather some time...you'll be lovin it in a couple of weeks I promise!
C: I love how close you are to us now! 6hrs is soo much better than 12!
D: Thank you for being such great friends! We love you guys and can't wait to play more!!

Lindsey Jefferies said...

I am so glad you are happy and getting settled. We on the other hand hate the fact you are gone. I get a pit in my stomach every time I walk downstairs and see the light on in your bedroom knowing you aren't there! We miss you guys so much. Can't wait to see you soon. Give Davis a kiss from us.

kimberlee shaffer said...

so we can play now?? Call me!

Lauralee Altice said...

Where in Vegas are you? Do you remember Carolyn from hair school? She lives in Vegas.
I love the hot weather so I am jealous!

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

I still can't believe you guys moved! Boo! I hope things are going well, living the desert dream. I'm glad you felt like thats where your supposed to be....that's always such a good feeling, especially when things are up in the air! Trust me we have done our fair share of MOVING. ugh! anyways I have been looking at cruises!! I'm just trying to get Sam to nail down a date that works best with school....so we will be calling you guys soon! holla!
Miss you guys!