Ten months! Double digits. We are only eight weeks away from my baby turning one. ONE! Why does this thought just make me want to burst into tears. Being a mother has made me so emotional, I swear I cry over everything, whether good or bad. Does this come with being a mom or is it just me? I'm pathetic.
He is mobile! His army crawl has turned into a real crawl. He is everywhere and standing up on everything. Today, he crawled up the stairs (I was right behind him). For a second, I thought this surely isn't my son, my baby can barely move, let alone be crawling up the stairs. I think I am in denial with how big he is getting. It just all happens too fast. In the blink of an eye he is doing something new. He is feeding himself. I set the food in front of him and he puts it in his mouth.
Davis loves his Dad. I think more than anyone. We have been in Utah for the past week and just flew home this morning. Davis and I were in the family room. I was working on Christmas cards and he was playing with his toys. All of the sudden I realized it was too quiet, I looked up and saw Davis crawling as fast as he could toward the living room. Ryan was in his office on the phone and Davis was frantically looking for him from the sound of his voice. As soon as he realized his Dad was in the office, it was a dead sprint for him. I tried to lure him back, but he was clearly set on seeing him. When he reached the door into where Ryan was he had the biggest and most excited smile I have ever seen. It was a tender moment to watch. He had never crawled that far, that fast for anything.
I love him, I love being his mom, I love spending each and every waking minute with him, I love that his personality comes out more and more with each new day. I can't believe I get to be his mom and we get to be his parents. He teaches me more than I will ever teach him and he can't even talk yet. His innocence humbles me and makes me want to be a better person. I love you Davis Dean and am so proud to be called your mother.
| I am kind of... just a little overly obsessed with him. |
| Someone is excited for Christmas |
2 comments:
He is adorable. And don't worry, I cry over everything now too since becoming a mom so you aren't the only one!
It's true, they grow up too fast! My baby is crawling all over the place and my Camden is almost 3!
1. You are gorgeous.
2. So is your son.
3. I swear our boys have the same wardrobe. Love his P.O.P hat.
4. I have your striped shirt from JCrew (obsessed with stripes lately, too - & grey! No idea.)
Post a Comment