12/6/10

This week...

I am currently warm in my bed, recovering from yesterday, christmas shopping online, and thinking about maybe never getting up. However, the sunny and 60 degree weather does help. Today is definitely a sweatpants day. Davis is currently napping... well suppose to be. I am listening to him cry it out (not fun at all). The poor little guy has been having a hard time the past day or so with napping and sleeping in general. Just when you think you have it down and things are good, they throw something new in the mix. I guess that's just life, right? Or the life of a parent. Sometimes I hate it (sad face). The crying it out part of course, not being a parent.

Last week was a good week. I Last minute got tickets in the mail to LIVE with Regis and Kelly at the beautiful Encore Wynn Theatre. That was really fun. I brought friend Kim, who is a Vegas native, with me. It was fun to be with just girls for a day. We had a blast. Kelly is adorable and so sweet. Howie Mandel, who is quite funny was there, and the fabulous Rod Stewart (who is having his 8th child!). He sounded just as good in person, if not better. It was a long, but good day.

Jeff, Amber and the kids came to stay with us this weekend. We love them, and are so glad that California isn't too far from us. Amber helped me design/ decide how to decorate Davis' room. I am already wanting to change it. She is amazing, I love her style! They came in town to do the Las Vegas Rock & Roll Marathon. Amber, who is an avid runner has done lots of marathons and running races before. She was so sweet, to stay with me and pull me along the way. I credit me finishing in a decent time to her! We broke off at about mile 10. I told her to go ahead, my last 3 miles were a slow jog. We had so much fun doing this race. We had perfect weather. It is amazing to see how many people come out and cheer you on! The support and love you feel is really incredible. People were holding up signs saying "You are our heroes" and screaming at you saying "You can do this, keep it up!"  It was truly the most motivating and inspiring thing. It was amazing, really, and so much fun. I Don't think I will ever do a full marathon, I think the half was perfect for me. It feels so good to set a goal like this and accomplish it. I am kind of proud of myself. Does that sound bad? My Aunt Wendy and cousin Claire did it as well. Cousin Christopher, did the full marathon. I think my favorite moment of the day was as I was nearing the finish line, all of the sudden I see Ryan and Davis on the side, with big smiles on their faces, cheering me along. It made it all worth it.

And to top off the day, Jeff and Amber made us the most divine pumpkin waffles with homemade buttermilk syrup. My mouth is watering just thinking about them. We indulged and did not feel one bit guilty :)


6 comments:

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

Holy cow girl you should feel way proud of yourself! That is so awesome you did a half so soon after Davis. I wouldn't have even lasted a half a mile!!

kimberlee shaffer said...

Whit that is seriously awesome, and no I don't think it is a bad thing to be proud of yourself!! I don't think I realized you were training to do something like that. Way to go!!

And thanks again for taking me with you to Regis and Kelly. It was a much needed break, I had a lot of fun -even though the lady threw up by us (;

Jenna Rabe said...

Whit I'm proud of you!! You amaze me every single day! I can't wait to see you soon!

Unknown said...

yes, crying it out is the hardest thing ever!! But whit your amazing! way to go on your run! and YES you have eVERY right to stay in your pjs all day and relax and of course be SO proud of yourself! It was a HUGE accomplishment! :)

Jylare Smith said...

I just found your blog! Your little Davis is amazing. So happy for you!!

{Levi and Em} said...

You are my inspiration darling! I just love you!!