The next day I took a last minute trip down to LA to help cousin (+ friend) Jenna find a dress. She is getting married, and I couldn't be more excited!! I'm pretty sure we have talked about our dreamy future husbands and our weddings together from the age of 8. We shopped until we literally dropped on Saturday. From Vera Wang to the fashion district, I think we saw it all. And oh my goodness, have you ever tried a hot dog the "LA" way? You must! As we were walking down the street I heard a man saying something to the effect of, that was the most amazing thing I have ever eaten in my whole life. Obviously, my ears perked right up when I heard food, and I asked him what he was talking about. He sent us straight over to a little vendor on the street. It is a hot dog wrapped in bacon (on a bun), with grilled onions, the freshest avocados I have ever seen, and amazing pico de gallo. I know what your thinking, sounds gross, but honestly, it was delicious.
2/23/11
Last Weekend
I finished my very first crafty project. If you know me, you know that I am not one for sewing, making things, or putting things together. A few months ago my grandma gave me a beautiful Drexel Heritage bedroom set from the 1950's. I loved it and couldn't wait to do something with it. After it sat in our garage for a good 4 months, I finally decided to just go for and do it. It turned out to be easier than I thought. I did it all in one day (during Davis' naps and bedtime). I watched this video, and headed off to the store. My lovely new friends at Lowe's helped me with everything. I bought a paint that already had primer in it, which made it that much easier. I found the knobs here. It will be the perfect addition to our family room to tie in my pillows. It was fun, I think I have found a new hobby. Go ahead and try doing it with something. I think you will surprise yourself.
The next day I took a last minute trip down to LA to help cousin (+ friend) Jenna find a dress. She is getting married, and I couldn't be more excited!! I'm pretty sure we have talked about our dreamy future husbands and our weddings together from the age of 8. We shopped until we literally dropped on Saturday. From Vera Wang to the fashion district, I think we saw it all. And oh my goodness, have you ever tried a hot dog the "LA" way? You must! As we were walking down the street I heard a man saying something to the effect of, that was the most amazing thing I have ever eaten in my whole life. Obviously, my ears perked right up when I heard food, and I asked him what he was talking about. He sent us straight over to a little vendor on the street. It is a hot dog wrapped in bacon (on a bun), with grilled onions, the freshest avocados I have ever seen, and amazing pico de gallo. I know what your thinking, sounds gross, but honestly, it was delicious.
The next day I took a last minute trip down to LA to help cousin (+ friend) Jenna find a dress. She is getting married, and I couldn't be more excited!! I'm pretty sure we have talked about our dreamy future husbands and our weddings together from the age of 8. We shopped until we literally dropped on Saturday. From Vera Wang to the fashion district, I think we saw it all. And oh my goodness, have you ever tried a hot dog the "LA" way? You must! As we were walking down the street I heard a man saying something to the effect of, that was the most amazing thing I have ever eaten in my whole life. Obviously, my ears perked right up when I heard food, and I asked him what he was talking about. He sent us straight over to a little vendor on the street. It is a hot dog wrapped in bacon (on a bun), with grilled onions, the freshest avocados I have ever seen, and amazing pico de gallo. I know what your thinking, sounds gross, but honestly, it was delicious.
Labels:
California,
iphone photos,
Weekends
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


5 comments:
I love the table!! it is so cute...come redecorate my furniture. I have no motivation.
Oh how I miss downtown LA. The hotdogs, the Mexican rap music blasting down Santee alley, hustling a $15 purse down to $8, the knock off Chanel. I hold a special place in my heart for the fashion district.
The table looks fabulous!!! I am totally getting into refinishing furniture. I currently have 4 pieces in my garage waiting for me to help them (= You did a beautiful job! Oh and the hot dog sounds delish to me!
i LOVE LOVE those flower knobs you found!! we're currently redoing a dresser also (and by currently, i mean it's been in progress for months now...) and i would love to get those for it. so cute!
whit... i'm so impressed with your painting skills! i have a dining room & bedroom set that i plan on painting this summer... so i'll call you with all my questions, k? love you!
Love the dresser! I am jealous!
Post a Comment