3/14/11

Simply Sunday

I love Sundays. I love when it's just the three of us. I love this boy almost more than anything.  


This is my favorite picture from our week (taken today at the park). I realized this evening, with the help of my dear husband, that I am kind of pathetic. After posting this picture on instagram, facebook, and now my blog. That is three different forms of social networking people. Three! Seems completely insane when you really stop and think about it. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, so go ahead and judge me. But I just love him, and I love our family, and I love documenting these moments, which other wise would probably (with my memory) be forgotten in the years to come. So to answer your question, yes, I am crazy, but I am comfortable with it. I am thankful that I can remember the simple things that happen on a day to day basis. 

We watched the msnbc special tonight on Japan. Devastating, heart wrenching, catastrophic, humbling, life changing. So many emotions, I can't even begin to comprehend. I found my self extra emotional today. For no particular reason, I am just simply thankful. I'm thankful for my life, for my husband, and for my Davis. If I lost everything (but them) tomorrow, I would be okay. We would be okay. Because isn't everything around us just stuff. Lots and lots of stuff. It's fun stuff, don't get me wrong, but at the end of the day it means nothing. Why do I need constant reminders of this? I shouldn't, but I do. Today I am just thankful for the simple things.

Tomorrow morning we are off to Temecula for the week. We are babysitting my two nieces and nephew while their parents are away vacationing. I am going from one baby to four kids over night and couldn't be more excited. I love those kids! However I am thinking I will either come home wanting twins, or not wanting kids for a long long time. 

6 comments:

Mara and Jae said...

there is absolutely no shame in posting pic after pic or sharing story after story in every way you can! it's our lives, and there's no one else around to keep record of it but us. and other people appreciate the sharing of experiences too, so no, you're not crazy :)

mb said...

when your kid is as cute as yours I welcome all the pics.

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

I Love that you are such a social networking all star...i could probably use a few tips! When are you guys going to move back so our kids can have play dates in the tub! Ha ha...i love that you do that too. Tell ryan it's a genius idea! All the smart people are doing it

Les said...

Whitney I feel like a snoop... I found your blog though mara's. I've read a couple of your posts and I love how you write! I will definitely read more often :) and Your little boy is so cute!

Nic & Spence said...

I can not believe I missed out on this!!! How sad that we could not meet up last weekend. I love you. And miss you dreadfully. But at least now we can be blog buddies!!! xx

Wendys Hat said...

There's nothing pathetic about it Whitney! There are so many ugly baby pics out there in the blogosphere and the world needs to see cute ones like little "SuperDavis"!