8/12/11

He sleeps in the closet.

Have I ever told you that Davis sleeps in his closet, in his travel crib? Keep in mind he has a walk in closet, but still, it's a closet! He prefers it over his actual crib. I am always hesitant when I tell people this, because really, who puts their child to sleep in a closet when he's 18 months. Well, the secret is out, we do. I will blame it on us being out of town more than half of poor Davis' life. We are always on the go, and I think he has just become accustomed to his bed being the travel crib. Needless to say, he loves the dark, cool, quiet, & cozy feel. He is a champion sleeper, so I suppose it can't be too terrible of thing, right? One day, however, he will have to sleep in a bed (could you imagine him going to school & telling everyone his parents put him in the closet to sleep!), I guess we will cross that road when it comes. As for now, he is a closet man, and quite a happy one might I add. 

Ryan comes home tonight! We are literally counting the minutes. It's been a long week and we just plain miss him when he's gone. We are off to Temecula, then San Diego tomorrow for a long weekend with friends. 

Happy Friday! 

Last month in snapshots... Banana bread french toast (from The Egg & I). Ryan opened his 3rd store in Nevada. Utah. shellac nails (I'm obsessed). Went to dinner with the Jefferies, love them. Biscotti lemon gelato (life changing). Ryan said goodbye to another pair of flip flops. Lots of friends. Park City. Lots of date nights. Davis' new favorite thing is to cuddle & watch a movie before nap time. I love him (sometimes more than his dad). 

5 comments:

agirlnamedgay said...

I'm reading this as my 2+ year old is asleep in a pack n play.....in a closet. No judgement here sister! We're in Carls ad too thi sweetened....maybe we'll run into each other! Ps Ryan is a rockstar.

Lauren said...

my little blair has never slept better than in the windowless closet at my mom's house... 4 hour naps and 13 hour nights. The first thing I did when we got home was completely blackout her window. I'm trying.

and ps - I love taking pictures of blair when she's intently watching a show. classic.

pps - your son is completely adorable.

The Alvords said...

You guys have the funnest life ever!

Imperfectly Perfect said...

Whit I love all these pictures. You are too beautiful for words. LOVE YA

Jenna Rabe said...

I agree with Courtney! Funnest and craziest!