8/9/11

Davis goes to nursery.

What?! 


Since when was he big enough to be away from us for two whole hours. To color & play & do singing time all by himself? Well, I guess since Sunday. I took him thinking we would just try it out for the day. I would sit in there with him and let him get adjusted (with his mama by his side, of course). Well, the second we walked in the door he surveyed the room, climbed down from my arms and off he went. I (nervously) sat in my classes thinking surely at any moment I would hear my screaming child coming down the hall, but to my surprise, nothing. I went back to check on him only to find him sitting at the table on a chair with a few of the kids coloring. As I peeked through the window my heart sank, in a happy/ sad sort of way. My baby... he colors & has conversations with other kids & doesn't need us? The nursery leader told me that singing time was his absolute favorite! He danced & sang to all the songs. Oh how I love this boy. I am a very proud, very happy, very sad, very overly dramatic (give me a break, it's my first child) mama. 


I am secretly hoping he has a terrible melt down next week and just needs his mama to hold him. 


He was watching Toy Story 3 (his new favorite movie), post church & before his nap, hence his very serious, very tired face.

10 comments:

Lindsey Jefferies said...

I have the screaming child…the one who can't be left alone for even just a few minutes. I PROMISE you don't want this! Davis is just a secure happy baby any if anything be proud of yourself!

Cailey & Brady said...

He is the cutest boy ever!!

Amanda said...

that was such a blessed day for me..haha. he is adorable and it's so great that he stayed all by himself and loved it.

Mara and Jae said...

you guys should make another baby, cuz lets be honest....you make PRETTY babies! haha

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

ahh he's darling
such a big boy....so glad he liked nursery!

Jenna Rabe said...

I can't believe that he is going to nursery!! Since when is he old enough?? Davis is adorable!

The Alvords said...

Whit, I seriously die over him. I can't believe he is going to nursery these days. Lucy has recently become very attached to me and I secretly love it, so I totally get you half way wanting him to have a melt down so you get to cuddle and love on him. He melts my heart.

Jess said...

Oh my CUTEST little boy!!! Going to nursery is a HUGE step!! So fun!! Your house is darling too Whit!!

Heather said...

Seriously, you and Ryan need to make more babies! He is the most beautiful child ever!! Hope you are doing well. I miss you but love all your posts and comments on my blog! xoxo

jocelyn said...

nursery is a huge milestone (especially with your first child i think). i was really sad too, but church suddenly becomes much more enjoyable. he does seem like he's taking the whole thing rather seriously. =)