That's the only word I can think of to describe me lately.
Maybe it's the fact that we have not stayed in the same state for longer than two weeks for the past three months, or that my sweet mother has been struggling with her health, or maybe it's the fact that we just moved to a new place & I am completely out of my routine, or it could be that our rental house (which we only had one week to find) was infested with cat piss (!!) & hair (please excuse my language, but I have shed far too many tears over this), And the only way to remove it was to pay ourselves to have the floors acid washed! Maybe it's that I haven't done a favorite things post or documented my sweet baby in over three months, or that I haven't charged my camera or even used it since before Halloween, or maybe it's D... all of the above.
Somedays I feel as if I am just going through the motions, I get so overwhelmed thinking about things going on, I am forgetting to live in that moment. I am on the quest to simplify my life not matter how much chaos or craziness is going on around me. I keep telling myself, just make it through this month, and then things will slow down. Well, then I get to that next month & it somehow seems to be even busier & crazier than the last. So I am beginning to realize that life doesn't slow down. New problems will always arise, and things will only get harder. The only way I can always have peace & be content, is to find it deep inside myself. It doesn't come from having a perfectly organized & decorated house or by simply staying home (although these things do help) I want my peace to come from within me. So that no matter what life's challenges may be, I will be okay & I will be able to handle them. I want to cut out the excess & focus on the things I love. The things that make me happy & the things that make me a better wife, mother, & friend. It seems so easy doesn't it? Sigh.
We are off to Arizona today. My husband is doing his first Ironman this Sunday, he is amazing. All of Ryan's family will be joining us in Arizona to spend Thanksgiving. We are excited & haven't all been together since Christmas! It will be a happy & crazy week.
Oh! and these photos, these are from our first outing as a family in Temecula. One day I will write about how we really, really love it here. It's beautiful & green & they have the freshest produce (all locally grown) I have ever tasted. The people are nice & the scenery is just lovely. Aside from all of my craziness, we really are happy & I really am so thankful for a healthy husband & baby boy & sweet friends/ family who support us through this thing called life.





8 comments:
Ahh love ya, whit. I have to say, it must be hard being popular and good at so many things! Everyone just needs a piece of whit in their life and I couldn't blame them one bit for it. You'll figure it all out. We're all in the same boat as far as learning to just be happy with where we're at and what we have. Luv ya!
i'm so sorry you're going through such a hard time. i hope you're able to find peace and enjoy the thanksgiving week with your family!
I love you Whit!
Whit I love you with all my heart! I know you'll find the simplicity you need in your life these days. You're amazing and this was a good reminder for me, too, to be happy where I'm at right now in my life. Love you!
i love this post. your right on the money! what a good reminder...i need to simplify and just be more content and happy in my situation. but i'm sorry about your mom and your house. such stressful things to deal with. temecula looks beautiful. hope your enjoying you new adventure!
I'm so sorry Whitney! The cat thing sounds horrible and the last thing you would want to arrive to after a big move. If it makes you feel any better I have found it takes about a good month or so for me to feel settled & finally get into a groove after a moving. You are so wonderful and always find the beauty in life so I know things will feel better in no time. I hope you enjoy this wonderful occasion with family. I am grateful for your inspirational words.
P.S. That is so awesome Ryan is doing an Ironman! I love how Davis is using his drill with his mama. You are such a beautiful family!
Sweet friend...I'm sorry. I truly feel for you and don't know how you do it. You are amazing and strong and a great example to me!
I hope you feel settled soon. I'm so glad you guys are liking Temecula and can't wait to come visit!
Good luck Ryan!! You are amazing...you will do great.
Love ya Whit...deep breaths deep breaths. Things will get better. Promise.
Love you
Cam
Oh, Whitney. Lots of changes will do that to the very best of us. Hang in there, keep those that you love extra close, & know that lots & lots of people love YOU.
In the meantime, you just do what you can do, & the rest can wait. xox
Post a Comment