1/11/12

Three month hiatus.

My husband told me that if I mysteriously died or disappeared (before putting up another entry) they would come after him as the first suspect due to my last, quasi depressing post. I suppose moving, lots of traveling & lots of changes, all while being really sick can send a person through a little funk? Aside from that post, life has been happy & busy & I am tremendously grateful for amazing family & friends. It gets me all teary eyed just thinking about the love we are surrounded by. But... the real reason for my 3 month hiatus (or my funk, if you will)... my head has been stuck in a toilet, literally. It was a good day if I could keep down a piece of toast with peanut butter. Most days were a struggle to even make it out of the house. But I am feeling so much better these days(!!). My energy is back, the laundry is getting done & slowly but surely things are coming back together. 

My sweet baby Davis will be two in exactly one month. That's 30 days! He is tall + talking + so sweet + going to be a big brother! I feel like I have so many things to catch up on, it's giving me anxiety at night. Sheesh! 

I suppose one thing at a time though.

16 weeks (even though I feel like I'm 25)! I suppose pregnancy #2 will do that to a person? I haven't been able to comfortable zip up my pants since week 6. That's just sad. 

//don't ask me why my hand is awkwardly placed on my stomach in every photo//

16 comments:

k. said...

Welcome back to the blogsphere! Those first few weeks (um, months) of pregnancy are so, so hard. I wish we could take turns really, but I'm sure our husbands would crumble from the pain / discomfort / exhaustion. Hooray for women!

You will now get a thousand comments saying how beautiful you look. Your bump! I love it.

.kaitlyn. said...

Sorry you were so sick, the good news is you look FANTASTIC. I am so so so happy for you guys and really grateful to call your family dear friends. we love you so!

.kaitlyn. said...

Sorry you were so sick, the good news is you look FANTASTIC. I am so so so happy for you guys and really grateful to call your family dear friends. we love you so!

.kaitlyn. said...

Sorry you were so sick, the good news is you look FANTASTIC. I am so so so happy for you guys and really grateful to call your family dear friends. we love you so!

Amanda said...

You look great...k, I found these protein drinks at Costco called premier nutrition protein...get the chocolate ones they have 30 grams of protein I barf all day everyday and these have helped me not barf nearly as much. Plus they seem to give me energy. I wish I could have told you sooner....now that you are feeling better....but I am glad you are feeling better that is always a blessed day. Congrats.

jeff and kort said...

I would pay big bucks to look at cute as you when you are pregnant!! Congrats on baby #2!

The Alvords said...

You are so gorgeous, it's insane. I am so so glad you are feeling better! I can't imagine being that sick. I want to die when I have a 24 hour stomach bug.

Jess said...

Whit I have missed your blog posts!!! You honestly look way too cute and it makes my belly pretty jealous :) I am glad you are feeling better!! I think you need to do a pregnancy favorite things :) SEE YOU NEXT WEEK!!!

katie beth said...

i am so so glad you are feeling a little better. and whether or not you feel like you are 25 weeks along... you are tiny & beautiful! so excited for your growing family! xx

kimberlee shaffer said...

beautiful as ever, and I am thrilled for you and Ryan. sorry you have been so sick. Love ya!

Hilary Belnap said...

You look so good! I was so self conscious about how my clothes fit, and my expanding body when I was pregnant (and I have come to find most everyone else is too!)...I"m going to just rock it next time and not worry so much! I say that now...we'll see how it really is :) but I hope I am not so hard on myself.

The Clarks said...

seriously you look amazing! congrats again! I hope you continue to feel better! pregnancy sickness is the pits!! xoxo

Nic & Spence said...

Whit you are SO beautiful! I hope I can rock pregnancy style as well as you do!! Congratulations on babe #2! Boys are so fun, and Im very excited for you!! Love you sweetie!

Anonymous said...

I'm a friendly blog stalker and love to read your posts. I'm so glad your back and feeling better. Congrats on baby boy. When your feeling up to it I really miss you "favorite things" posts.

Brittany Seager said...

you do not look 25 weeks my friend! stand next to me and you will feel fab ;). i totally understand not blogging, i didnt blog forever! i guess moving in first trimester isnt just a doozy on me ;)xo

Jenna Rabe said...

You look fabulous!! Whit I am so excited for you!! Hope you are feeling better!