I have had these photos pending in a post just waiting for me to actually sit down and write something for the past two weeks. Which means Bennett will be three weeks tomorrow night. Three weeks! I swear we just brought him home from the hospital yesterday.
Our stay at the hospital was just under 24 hours. I got bumped from our beautiful big birthing suite just hours after I gave birth due to a high volume of unexpected deliveries. We were moved down to the first floor in a room that was literally the size of a shoebox & had a teeny tiny cut out window. Which meant no natural light! Can you say depressing? Thanks to my wonderful doctor, he gave the nurses the okay to send me home early. My sweet cousin Darcy drove all the way down & took pictures for us (in the worlds worst lighting!), we packed up & we brought our sweet little nameless baby home.
Something happens with number two (at least it did with me), you are able to relax & thoroughly enjoy every moment. Even the bad ones. Being a brand new mom for the first time is scary! And I think it's perfectly normal to be a complete stress case (at least I was!). But I'm thinking maybe the more kids you have the easier & less scarier it gets? At least thats how I feel the second time around. I am in complete bliss with having a newborn in the house again! And the transition with Davis has been so much easier than I ever imagined. Maybe it was a good thing I prepared myself for the worst?
I had a long list of things I was going to write out, but my brain is kind of a jumbled mess (I will blame that on no sleep) & I'm tired. What I really just want to simply say is... As Ryan said in the last post, life really has never been better. I wish I could put into words the utter happiness & complete joy I feel right now. There just aren't words strong enough to describe it. I know the hard days will come & there will be days I want to pull my hair out. But for right now, life is almost too good to be true. And do you know what, I am going to soak up every minute of it! Because these moments pass far too quickly & after watching Davis grow up in the blink of an eye I am literally soaking in every second (whether good or bad) I get to spend with these two boys & my sweet husband.

















3 comments:
I got all stingy-nosed reading Ryan's post. New babies are just magical, really, & it's all such a special + sacred experience.
Happy, happy for you four (!!).
I agree. You are so much more relaxed and less stressed the second time around and you don't want to miss a single second! So happy for you!
I agree. You are so much more relaxed and less stressed the second time around and you don't want to miss a single second! So happy for you!
Post a Comment