8/23/12

My favorite things for August


Ryan & I made it home last night from a little birthday getaway to the beach. We slept through the night, ate long relaxing dinners, soaked up the sun & rode our beach cruisers until we got tired. It was simply heaven. Life has been busy, per usual, but I have missed doing my favorite things! So, with just a week left of August, I whipped together a few of my favorites over these last few months. Although, I feel like I should be doing a favorites post on all things Baby/ Mama, seeing as how nursing bras & accessories, baby clothes/ blankets & toys seem to be consuming me as of lately. Maybe one day I will put a list together. As for now, Hope you enjoy! 

I am loving all these polka dots I see popping up everywhere! In pants, shoes, a blouse, a simple tee or a fun scarf. It makes me smile. And mixing patterns & colors... have you been experimenting with it? Stripes with floral, polka dots with stripes, leopard with floral, and mixing lots of bright fun colors. There are so many options out there right now. Be brave & try something new, even if its just a bright bangle or pair of flats to spice up your outfit.   

The perfect simple button up. Dress it up, dress it down. This is a staple!  
Obsessing over this polka dot button up (a must have!) & these fun bangles for a pop of color.
Favorite colored ankle jean is found here, paired with these flats 
In love with these dot print jeans (also available here). Great price, comfy & go with everything!
 Love this top so much (& it's on sale!). A perfect fit & cut (especially postpartum)
 Anyone can pull of this beautiful Cat Eye from Kate Spade.
One of my very favorite tops found here & its on sale!! 
Loving this maxi with a plain tee & this necklace (in pink).
These perfect striped lounge pants!
Loving this striped top (in cream) partly tucked into pants with this belt (in gold).
This blouse (love both colors) with these perfect earrings
Love everything about these button up shirts (I like rose dot, grey check & pink floral best)!
 These soft cords for Fall with these flats (love both prints!).
This comfy pullover.
I found my very favorite new mascara! This is amazing & the best part is, I found it at Costco!
Do you have one of these in your house (I'm obsessing over the owl warmer!)? My favorite scent is this. The only thing that has saved me from living in rentals. Our house always smells fresh & clean thanks to this amazing thing! 

6 comments:

Jess said...

So pretty sure you just made my whole day! LOVE these posts!!! So glad you had a wonderful birthday and got away! I am hoping some of these goodies made it home with you! Everything you pick out is amazing! I have also had my eye on the polka dot J crew shirt and pink bangle! I need to get to h&m asap, I am in love with the white shirt!! xoxo

Sara Parr said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE these posts too! You have the best style! Thanks for keeping up with them! Would love a baby/mama one too!

Anonymous said...

Thank you, thank you, I look forward to these posts. Also, in pictures on here you always have the prettiest necklaces. Where do you get those dainty gold ones you wear?

The Clarks said...

you fashionesta you! love your style!

Katie Evertsen said...

Yes please do a baby mama post!! I need all the help I can get and you always have the cutest stuff! Like your new rocking chair...divine!

RachelBarker said...

Good thing I'm a little large and in charge these days. Haha. Lovin the polka dt shirt from jcrew!. Think I can button it up? ;)