8/12/12

We blessed him


on a Saturday at six weeks old in the same beautiful blanket (crocheted by my Great Grandma Mimi) that my 5 siblings, Davis & I were all blessed in. He wore real pants, a button up shirt & the sweetest, tiniest bow tie!  

We had family & friends that flew & drove too many miles to be there. Words can't even express the gratitude that filled our hearts that day. My eyes are getting glossy just thinking about it. We blessed him at Ryan's brothers home. I lost it the minute Ryan stood up to welcome everyone & express our gratitude for them sacrificing being there to give Bennett a name & a blessing. There is just something special about hearing your new baby blessed. I can't seem to find the words to describe it, but its a feeling that I never want to forget. It certainly didn't help my emotions when immediately following the blessing, my sweet mother stood and said a few words about the importance of family, and that there is really nothing else in this world that matters. As I sat there listening to her & staring at my Dad & brothers, I had a hard time controlling my emotions (it's been exactly a year since they divorced). I think it will always sting just a little bit when all of us are together. My heavenly father has blessed me with a family I could only dream of. A husband & two beautiful boys! I am blessed & think I will spend the rest of my life trying to figure out why.

We finished the morning by taking everyone to a beautiful brunch (hooray for no clean up & dishes!) at one of our favorite restaurants just up the road from us. Naturally, Bennett slept through his whole party.



4 comments:

Mara and Jae said...

oh my. his tiny little penny loafers! looks like a perfect day for your little buddy :)

.kaitlyn. said...

my goodness he's starting to look like davis. such a cutie. everytime we see you guys jordan reminds me that davis is the cutest baby he has ever seen in real life. :)

I wish i could have been there to celebrate the special day with you! congrats of another beautiful baby boy!

Whitney Nelson said...

Beautiful, beautiful pictures & beautiful words! It seriously made me tear up, family truly is so important & I'm so happy you have the perfect little family you deserve, Whit. I love you!! Happy Blessing baby Bennett. I loved this post! (You look beautiful by the way!!) Love you.

Nic & Spence said...

Whit, these pictures are absolutely adorable!! You have the most precious family! I love you sweetie, and hope youre doing fabulously!!