We are almost two weeks into September & I almost have a three month old. What/ when/ how did this happen?
I have a few random photos from this past month (it's a rare occurrence I pull out my real camera these days) & a few random thoughts.
Bennett is 14.5lbs as of two-ish weeks ago, so technically speaking he is probably rounding in at a near 15 lbs. Fifteen pounds! I about fell over dead when they weighed him at the doctor. Davis hadn't even hit 12lbs yet at his two month check up. 95% for weight & 95% for length-- Mr. Bennett is not messing around. At 11 weeks, he is officially sleeping 8+ hours at night. Hallelujah! He is the sweetest baby, smiles all day long, absolutely loves to kick in his bath at night, likes to be swaddled (while sleeping) & is a trooper to let Davis climb on, kiss & mall him all day long.
On Friday night (as in two days ago) both boys we bathed, fed & ready for bed. I was exhausted. I had Bennett in his rocker, sound asleep on my chest. I could hear Ryan & Davis in the room next to me reading books. I sat there in the dark, listening to his little breaths on my chest, feeling his soft hair against my face & hearing the boys in the room next to me. As I sat there and rocked back & forth I thought, as much as I love being out & about, I think I like our simple weekends best. The ones spent at home in our daily routine, with just the 4 of us. Before I knew it my eyes were welling up with tears. My heart stung, in a good way. I was filled with a love so strong, there aren't words enough to describe it. Even talking about it now, I get that same burning in my chest. I thanked my Heavenly Father two extra times that night for this little family of mine & for moments like that. Those brief moments that remind you what really matter most in life.
Bennett's new quilt made by Grandma. We love it, Mom!



9 comments:
you have a way with words my dear. You made my eyes teary. There truly isn't a moment like holding your little one when they are falling asleep. If heaven is like that then we are in good shape. Your boys are beautiful! I need to meet your little (big) babe! he is gorge!
the one of davis leaning back in the chair kills me! such cute boys you've got!
You are such a sweet mom Whit! No wonder your babies are little angels. They are this way because of you! Love ya!!
oh i wish i could see your sweet boys (and you) in person! that little bennett's hair looks so dark, i love it! the first pic is my favorite. you almost made me tear up too, and i haven't even yet experienced those moments with my own little one. love this post dear :)
I know the feeling. It's amazing! I love all of Bennett's dark hair!!
oh my goodness bennett is perfection...i love all that chub. you are so right though, i do love those moments of just sitting home not having to rush off anywhere and just playing and holding the babes...those are good days, even if your house is a big fat mess. haha. like mine usually is. thanks for all your sweet comments on my blog. oh, and if you are only shooting on auto you are amazing cause your pics are always so cute. you have a great eye for photography.
Oh is he ever so dreamy. Dark hair and blue eyes, Bennett you are going to be a ladies man! Whitney you're such a great mama to those little boys. Miss you!!
bennett seriously just looks munchable. and that picture of davis relaxing in the chair....ahhh he's a boy after my own heart! glad you're finding these moments to enjoy, mama! xoxo
Reading this post makes my heart sting too! You are such a great mom, and such a beautiful inside and out. Those pictures are just breathtaking! I love them & your adorable family!
Post a Comment