10/4/12

The blink of an eye.

The house is clean, laundry is done, both boys are napping, I have banana bread baking in the oven & a pumpkin candle lit (we are pretending its fall, despite the warm weather). Don't let me fool you, days like this are rare, so rare! But it's been a good day & I am thankful. 

I was driving home on the CA-91 two nights ago after having dinner with one of my favorite girlfriends and I saw the most horrific car accident. The hair on my arms stood straight up, a chill ran through my entire body & my heart dropped to my stomach. There were 4 totaled cars strewn across the freeway, 2 of which were smashed so teeny tiny they were unrecognizable. It was one of those moments where you instantly pray in your heart for those people &amp their families. The whole drive home I couldn't stop thinking about my little family and how I need to appreciate every moment because it can change in the blink of an eye. 

Bennett will be 4 months old the end of this month. I remember holding him for the first time like it was just yesterday & Davis will be three years old in just 4 short months. I have a feeling that I will blink and they both will be starting elementary school & I will blink again & they will be asking a girl to marry them. In the blink of an eye these two boys have completely changed me for the better! They test my patience, challenge me & somehow perfect me as an individual. Some Most days nap time & bedtime can not come soon enough. How is it that the days are long, but the weeks/ months/ years seem to slip by so quickly? Either way, I am thankful. I'm thankful for this crazy time in life. I can't tell you the last time I consistently cooked dinner, or blow dried my hair, or was showered & ready before 9am on a week day. But I can tell you that I have a husband and two little boys that make me smile (and want to pull my hair out) every single day. They make life worth living & the happy moments even happier!

Today I feel extra lucky to be called a wife & a mama. I love my family of four.

Thank you Jylare Smith Photography for coming to our home & capturing our sweet Bennett at just 19 days old & Davis at 2 1/2. These last minute photos, we literally planned the day before, will be cherished forever. And please excuse that it took me three months to finally post them!  


8 comments:

Craig & Em Chilton said...

Oh I'm so in love with your family. Is it ok if I secretly wish I had your life?? you are the best!! And... 9am for getting ready time?? It's currently 9 PM and I still have not showered. Haha!! Way to girl.... You seem so happy!!! XOXO

Briana Aileen said...

Whitney you are such a beautiful mom and your family is so adorable! And I love your outfit in these pictures.

Tami said...

Beautiful pictures!! Love the ones of the whole family. How do you know Jylare, btw? She is my cousin! Ok, 2nd cousin. But my mom and her dad grew up together and are really close. I love her family.

Jimmy and Lindsey said...

These are amazing! You have the most darling family Whit!

agirlnamedgay said...

Love how these pictures turned out. I totally relate to the stomach dropping sensation when seeing a car accident. Crazy reminders to be thankful for what we have. Luv ya!

Verna said...

Great pictures! What a beautiful family!

Jenna Rabe said...

Love these photos! Whit you look amazing and have the cutest most perfect little family of four! Love you!!

Mara and Jae said...

i am amazed all the time how slow the days can go but how quickly life goes. time is seriously a weird weird thing. those pictures are perfection.