Oh my goodness (insert one hundred exclamation marks). I keep thinking the more I say this, the more real it will become. But I have a feeling I won't believe it until she's laying in my arms & I'm staring into her eyes. 3 children! We will be a family of 5. I can feel a lump in my throat as I say that.
I'm not even sure where to start? The day I found out I was pregnant, December 6th to be exact, was full of lots of tears. I wish I could lie to you and say they were all happy. I was in complete shock (& that's an understatement!). As I carried both of my boys (one on each hip) down the stairs, I immediately burst into tears. I already feel overwhelmed with trying to figure out how to give enough love, attention & energy to two boys (both still babies!), how do I possibly do this with another one & get through another pregnancy & stay sane while doing it? Pregnant for two years, eeeek! I could almost fathom having a newborn, but making it through another pregnancy, I just simply couldn't. I was sick with both of my boys. Really, really sick! I planned my diet around what I could easily throw up for a solid 5 months. Dizzy, light headed, not really functioning most days were how the first 20ish weeks of my pregnancy's went. Well, a miracle happened, really, a tender mercy. I have felt amazing. I forget I'm even pregnant. I was tired & slightly nauseous the first trimester, but no hourly trips to the porcelain throne. I can eat, drink & exercise like I normally do. And I have all of my energy to give to my boys. A pure miracle! Bless this little girl, she's been good to her mama from day one. And at almost 19 weeks, I felt her move last Saturday night. A few little soft kicks to say hello just before I fell asleep. The ability our bodies have to grow a human being is just an absolute miracle. Really, it never ceases to amaze me. And even though little sister is coming a few years sooner than planned, we are completely thankful. As tiny as she is, I already feel like I've known her forever.
Somehow we will figure all this out. At least that's what I keep telling myself? I'm starting to look ridiculous when we are out & about. Crazy toddler, baby on my hip, a big belly? Or did she just not lose her pregnancy weight? Sweet Bennett was just 4 months old, which means they will be just over 13 months apart. Good thing I'm married to a husband with a great sense of humor. I have a feeling I'm going to need lots of it in the next year (or two).
Thank you to my sweetest cousin Darcy for coming and taking these last minute photos in our very empty living room. Davis-3, Bennett-7months, Me-14 weeks pregnant














7 comments:
Oh my goodness... stumbled upon your blog... such lovely pictures! May God bless your beautiful family! :)
Jayma | http://jaymastips.blogspot.com
Have a Beautifully Blessed Day!
Im so so so happy that you have been feeling much better with this pregnancy! So excited for you to be having a darling little girl! So fun!
It really is a miracle you've been feeling so good. Ahh reading your post even makes me tear up a little...why?!! excited for everything you have ahead. and i can't wait to see you staring into little sister's eyes-- it's going to be a sight! xoxo
Oh my gosh Whitney, what a sweet post. After I saw your darling annoncement I couldnt stop thinking of you, if someone said I had to start this pregnancy thing all over again I would burst into tears too. Not because of another baby but because of pregnancy! Soooo glad your not sick this time around! This little girl was definitly ready to join the Howes clan. Your going to rock the mother of three world. Xoxo
Tears! I don't say this lightly....you are such an amazing mother! I enjoy learning from you. This recious little girl will be your little shadow who will just adore you. Love you Whit. And beyond excited for you and your Boys :)
Whitney you have a beautiful family! So excited for you to have a third! I feel your pain with being sick during pregnancies! And laughed when you described how you planned what you could eat that might not be so nasty to puke up...all too familiar. Glad you have energy and are not sick! That's what we were hoping for our third one but it was a boy and I'm still sick! Congrats gorgeous friend !
Those pictures are darling. I can't imagine the emotional roller coaster you've been on. Our first two kids are really close in age. My baby just turned one and I still feel overwhelmed with the two of them! I'm so glad this sweet girl is already being good to her momma. Her brothers will just adore her. You are super mom and I know you have a lot of support from family and friends! Can't wait to see this little beauty.
Post a Comment