11/3/10

Back to where it all began.

Two weeks ago Ryan and I took a trip back to NYC for a week of pure bliss. Other than having to say goodbye and leave Davis, it was a perfect trip. Jeff and Amber (Ryan's brother, sister in law) watched Davis for the week. It was so comforting to know that he was being taken such good care of and kept on his schedule the whole time. Amber sent me pictures and videos of him everyday. They taught him so many new things and truly are such amazing parents. They have been our go to source for everything baby.

We stayed on the upper westside just off of Central Park. Friends Jordan and Kaitlyn so graciously let us stay with them. We miss them! Fall time is by far my favorite season, and to get to be in the city during it was perfection. We went to all of our favorite old restaurants and a few new ones, eating way to much food. I quickly remembered why I weighed a solid 15lbs heavier in the city when I lived there. We got to see lots of our old friends and met beautiful Baby Quinn Hudson. I enjoyed my runs through Central Park again. A quick drive up to Westport to see the leaves. Shopping in Soho. Went to a broadway show that we just liked not loved.  We cruised around the whole time on Lola, the little red Vespa, which truly opened up a whole new world in the city.

 Most importantly we enjoyed our time just being together and being in the city again, I will always hold a special place in my heart for New York, after all it is the place where we fell in love.

Dinner with friends Maribeth and Kaitlyn... Miss you girls
 Take 1
Take 2
Take 3
Take 4
After an amazing brunch at Norma's we took a drive up to beautiful Westport, Connecticut 
 3 tries and still no smile, I love you Ryan.
A jazz band playing in the park, in the fall, with the leaves falling, it was all too perfect. 
A quick trip to the Plaza to visit my old salon, and a walk up Riverside dr. to see my old apt. 

7 comments:

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

Looks like such a fun trip! I'm totally jealous. Love all the pics of the city, they are so pretty. Fun fun fun...glad you guys had an awesome trip!

Emily said...

Nice pictures! New camera? You two are still as cute as ever!

Nat and Brandon said...

Whit, You are just gorgeous! I hope to see you soon! Looks like you two had the time of your lives! miss you lots! xoxo Nat

.kaitlyn. said...

aw. you took some great pics. the b&w's of you on the scooter. priceless. we miss you come back!!!!! (maybe we need to take a trip to vegas now...)

.kaitlyn. said...

wasn't there a picture of jordan and I walking in soho on here before. can you that to me, i was going to steal it off here but now its gone...

scott and linds said...

Ahhhhh- so fun! I'm a bit jealous that you got to go back, and in the fall! Looks like you guys had a great trip. ;)

mb said...

cute! It was so fun to see you!