11/18/10

Nine Months.

Davis getting older really is a love/ hate relationship. I love each new stage and what it brings, I love seeing his little personality come out each new day, I love how scheduled he is, however I feel like I'm losing my baby. Those moments of letting me hold him are few and far between. Today I was playing with him before his nap. As I sat on the floor with him and all of his toys, I watched and stared at him for a good hour. I wanted to freeze that moment in time. Bottle it up and never forget it! His smile, his chubby cheeks, his infectious laugh each time I popped open his jack in the box. I love this boy.

He does what we like to call the army crawl, puts both hands out in front, sticks his bum up in the air and pulls him self forward. He loves that he can move and get to things. More than anything though, he just wants to be standing and walking/ running around (with the help of us of course) I swear he won't be content until walks. He is always moving, either a hand or foot is always tapping or touching something. Who ever could he have gotten this from? He has a hyper streak in him and it is quite hilarious. He laughs when we are laughing at something. He waves hi and bye. When I put him to bed at night and sing him a song (yes, I'm tone deaf, but he doesn't care) he always touches my face so soft and just stares into my eyes. It is quite possibly one of my favorite moments of the day. It makes everything so worth it.

He sleeps 12-13 hours every night, sometimes we even have to wake him up in the morning. He takes two-2 hour naps during the day. How did we get so lucky? I'm sure I will eat my words on this with our next one. We love him more than words can express, and sometimes I really wonder what I did with all my time before him. I love that he is just my little buddy now, he runs errands with me, loves to sit in the shopping cart and stare at everyone and everything. He can eat what we eat, which I love. He is a daddy's boy through and through. When Ryan even walks in the room he immediately reaches for him. I love how cuddly this boy is, he is always wanting to be with someone.

I could go on for hours about my Davis and all of my favorite moments with him. We are in love.

Ryan gave him a mohawk after his bath tonight to match his sweet guitar jammies

6 comments:

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

his face is priceless. So cute and such a sweet boy. Lucky lucky!

Whitney Nelson said...

Oh I love his mohawk! Perfect with the jammies. I will concur with your comment about him laughing when people laugh! He did it with us at my parent's house! Ha ha. Oh I love him at this age, so I don't blame you for not wanting him to grow and grow!!

mb said...

I just about died at that last picture! So sweet!!

Emily said...

Ugh, I am right there with you. I love the stages but I want time to freeze. My baby is long gone and I am dealing with a full blown crazy hyper toddler. He's a doll.

k. said...

Where are his pj's from?! So cute.

Those little moments, yes. Mike is always asking me if I'm recording things w. my phone & I always forget to... & I need to remember, because even looking back at a month ago our Q was SO different & it breaks my heart to see how much he has changed. So crazy, & we'd make millions of dollars if we learned how to bottle it all up, wouldn't we?

Lauralee Altice said...

Love the PJs and the mohawk! The face in the last picture!