1/11/11

On the eleventh day of 2011, he turned Eleven months.

The countdown is on. We are exactly 31 days away from my baby turning one. ONE! This makes my heart beat fast, and panic just a little. I find myself saying this every month, but honestly, where does the time go? Sometimes I wish it would go faster, as in bedtime can't come soon enough, and some days I just want it to stop, to freeze time and freeze the moment. I never want to forget his smell (thanks to mustela, I can bottle that up), his soft noises, his loud squeals, his little grunts, his giggle, and smile, I love it all. He is looking old, so big! Like a little boy. Somedays I find myself just staring at him in awe of how fast he has changed and grown, yet he still looks like the brand new bundle we brought home just shy of a year ago.

He is hyper! Like I get tired just watching him sometimes. I have a feeling I am in big trouble when he starts walking. He is in to, and climbing on everything. I love watching him speed crawl around the house and discover each new thing he finds. What is he thinking? What is he learning? It all just fascinates me. He will stand up, and balance for a second by himself, he gets a big smile on his face like he is so proud of himself for standing alone. Oh, and he has a new found love for blueberries. He would eat them all day everyday if we let him. They are his favorite.

Every morning after he gets up, and after his breakfast we sit in the family room with all his toys and play. After a little while he lets me wrap him up in a blanket and give him his binky, he lets me hold him. Snuggle him so tight he can barely move. He holds my hand, and we watch a cartoon together (via Playhouse Disney). And yes, the songs are stuck in my head the rest of the day. Some days it lasts 20 minutes, other days just 5. In this moment nothing else matters. The feeling is unmatched to anything in the entire world. I wish there was a word to describe it. The only thing I can think of is true love, an unconditional love so strong that I would give up anything to have it.

As I say every month, I love him, we love him. Life is so fragile and quick! If you're not careful it will pass you by in the blink of an eye. I am thankful for this blog, that I can record and remember all these moments, both good and bad, and cherish them for years to come.



"Hulking" out in the bath tub. Pictures don't do justice to how funny it is. 




9 comments:

mb said...

Whitney. It is almost ridiculous just how cute he is.

Whitney Nelson said...

Whit...Perfectly said, and perfect pictures! I can't wait to have a babe! xoxo

Cardon & Whitney said...

I love all of the pictures you take of that little cutie. He has the sweetest face! You are an amazing mommy!!!

Mara and Jae said...

beautiful pics whit. makes me want one :)

scott and linds said...

I love this post. So sweet- I can't wait to enjoy all those things with our little man- it happens so quick! Those pics are adorable!! He is so handsome Whit. Enjoy the last 31 days!

katie beth said...

as if i didn't want to before, this post just made me desperately want to become a mother. you are so lucky lady! love and miss you and hope everything is going well!

Lindsey Jefferies said...

I love this post! Davis's "hulk" face looks just like Owen's mad face!! Made me wish O was still little. Enjoy your time with him! Can't believe he is already almost 1. Crazy! I say this all the time but he just gets cuter every time I see more pictures of him. Love you both!

Alicia said...

Aww he is so cute!

emilyy said...

Whit I love the one of Davis in his crib. So cute. I wish he and mitch could be buddies, they would have fun causing trouble together. This post made me think about Ethan :( Before you know it your little man will be 5 1/2. Crazy how the years go by faster and faster.