Davis grew up! I think being around all of his cousins made him grow and learn new things quicker than usual. He was in heaven with all the kids. Any time we would put him down he would crawl as fast as he could into the kids room and get right in the middle of all the action. He loved all the attention, kisses, and smothering he got from everyone. Every morning little cousin Jack would come up to him, give him a kiss, pat his head, and say "hey little buddy". Jacob (4 yrs. old) would ask if he could feed Davis his bottle at night. So sweet! We discovered his love for lemons. So weird, but he went through about 8 lemon wedges one night at dinner! He picked up a new trick, we call it "The Hulk". It is hilarious. He would do it on que when the cousins would say, "Davis Hulk"! He clenches his fists, tightens his whole body, and makes this grunting noise. He stands up on everything and is walking around furniture. He feeds himself at dinner. We set it in front of him and he goes to town, making a huge mess, but he is learning, right?
It's so nice to be home. We miss everyone though, and Davis misses everyone! I swear the day after we got home he was crawling around the house looking for his friends to play with. I forgot my camera. So sad. Thanks to my phone though, I was able to capture a few things. Six months down... only thirty more to go!

I have to give credit to Ms. Kathryn Whiting for inspiring the idea of doing photo collages. And Ms. Kaitlyn Ray for teaching me how to do them, and all my photos! What would we do without friends? It makes it so much easier to display a million photos. :)
And what is this might you ask, that would be my dear husband at dinner on New Year's Eve. If you know him at all, it will be no surprise that he is wearing flip flops. But only one! He parked the car for us and walked into dinner looking like this. After dying of shock and laughter I said, what happened? "My flip flop broke in the parking lot, what was I suppose to do?" He carried in the broken flip flop and tossed it under the table. He even went to the bathroom (gross!) He said he had someone hand him a paper towel and he scooted around with it under his foot. He walked around the restaurant with Davis, having no shame at all. I would be mortified if that were me! The best part of the story is that at the end of the night Amber walked back in the restaurant to use the restroom and our waiter came running up to her and said, "Excuse me, someone left their shoe under the table. Don't want to forget that." She took it and said Thank you. As he walked out of the restaurant with one shoe on, I maybe pretended like I didn't know him. The looks he got from people were priceless. Hope you all had a wonderful New Year's!
After reading over this post, I am realizing between my "going" issues and Ryan walking around barefoot, Yes, we are dysfunctional! But we are comfortable with it. C'est La Vie... right?


10 comments:
HAHAHA Whit... I know your pain and I love your family! I'll call you I promise!
You guys are definitely my favorite!!! You are hilarious, I always love reading your stories. Ummm, I'm pretty sure Ryan's flip flop broke at the fair didn't it? He and Josh are two of a kind. Josh HATES wearing shoes and in flip flops 99.9% of the time. He even has 'winter flip flops' that have a thicker sole and wider straps, so the snow can't get to his feet as easily. Dork!
AHHH ha ha! that is hilarious! And girl I hear ya on the "vacation constipation" as I like to call it!
You guys crack me up. Looks like you had so much fun. That's good if you can all stay in the same house that long and leave loving each other.
Hope to see you guys soon!
and p.s.-genius idea with the shopping cart. Will do!
that was a funny post! You are not dysfunctional. just normal if you ask me!
Oh Whitney, you're so funny! Seriously. But I think I have the same issue when I travel. Or at least when I'm with my in-laws. I blame stress though. :)
And - for the record, I did not invent photo collages, so no credit was due! But seriously, what would we do without iPhones & instagram?! So fun.
i feel so bad for lucy when we travel and then come home to an empty house so i completely relate to how you guys were feeling when you got home. ryan has quite the space between his big and second toe! maybe from all the flip flop wearing? i need to learn how to do cute photo collages like that.
This is Ryan speaking... I would consider myself blessed with feet that have been engineered specifically for flip-flop wearing... Thank you.
One of these times, we will see you when you're only miles away from our house when you come to visit your in-laws. And we're totally ok coming to you!
Ryan-that is absolutely by far the best thing I've heard about you ever. No shame, just taking it as it is.
And Whit...I am currently on day 11 of vacation and my stage freight has gotten the best of me! As if going on a cruise isn't hard enough on your bod! I"m ready to go home!!
Love you girl! Oh and cross your fingers that on Tuesday Verizon has a release date on the iphones! Then we can instagram all the time!
Xoxo
and what about miss kaitlyn ray for teaching you how to make a collage ;)
whitney my dear... your family is beautiful! which is not at all surprising. and PLEASE... can you pass along your photo-collaging genius? i promise to give credit where credit is due!
Post a Comment