I am just going to come out and say it... I HATE being left alone. I go stir crazy! Especially in a new city where comrades are few. So when Whitney decided last minute to head out to L.A. to go and help her cousin pick out a wedding dress, she had to have known that something irrational was going to happen. When I woke up this morning there was a documentary on the history channel about the Greek city state of Sparta. I found it fascinating that they would shave their kids heads when they entered their military training and as I watched with enthusiasm, I couldn't help but think that this is a tradition that should be carried on with my own kin. Davis and I had a quick pow-wow about changing his look and as it turned out he didn't have a problem with it. Below are some pictures of what transpired. In true warrior fashion, Davis did not move a muscle when we were giving him a trim...confirmation that he was just as excited as I was about the change.

8 comments:
oh boy. poor davis and poor whitney. i'll be honest, he doesn't look too thrilled in those pictures ryan, so i don't know that he's that happy with your decision. ps- i could introduce you to some real winners i know from high school that still live in las vegas. you know, club promoters, strip club owners, really cool guys.
I just made Scott read this and he giggled forever. At least davis has a nice shaped head and still looks good!
Funny How you left out whitney's reaction. Ha ha. Good thing davis is the cutest thing around...with hair with out hair he's darling.
Leaving ryan home alone I'm sure something was bound to happen
Ryan, I like it. Good thing we got him a new sheath for his bday. when does he head out for battle?
Do you see the third picture down Ryan? His face says it all, What did you do to me? Mom is not going to be happy with you. It's probably for the best that I was out of town and had the drive home to think about it. I may have pulled a Lorena Bobbit on you.
the ole weenie chop
Oh Ryan, you are a brave, brave man. You would be a dead man if you did this to my child. When I told Josh about this he asked if I would divorce him if he ever shaved Lucy's head. It's a good thing Davis' face is so beautiful, most babies look scary this bald, but he's still scrumptious.
This is a HORRIBLE thing. I sat my husband down and showed him this post, then I explained that when we have children, if ANYTHING like this were to happen, he would pay big time!
He then pondered for a minute, slightly worried as if walking on egg shells at that very moment, and said, "you would still make me grilled cheese sandwiches....... right???"
men.
Post a Comment