2/17/11

We went to dinner on Monday

without a baby. For the very first time (in Vegas) since we moved here. We got all dressed up and I ditched the diaper bag for a clutch. It felt nice. I had the most amazing gnocchi with lobster in a black truffle cream sauce. The gnocchi melted in my mouth (I clearly love food entirely too much). It was life changing! As we were nearing the end of our meal our waiter brought us the dessert menu, we both looked at each other and were thinking the same thing. Box it up to go and let's get home to watch the Bachelor. Can I just say, Ryan loves this show more than I do! He really does. So we got in the car, sang our hearts out to Michael Jackson's "Man in the Mirror" on the drive home, paid the babysitter, and turned on The Bachelor. We were obviously exhausted from our exciting night out that when we woke up the next morning, we both said, "Do you even remember going to bed last night, we must have crashed?" We clearly don't get out much these days.


I am finally caught up on our trip from utah (after this post). The last week we were there, we did our annual friends ski trip. Friends came from Manhattan, California, Utah, and Seattle. This was our third year. The boys always do a Foosball competition on the last night. This year Jordan and Ryan took it to a whole new level, they invested in a trophy. Yes, they purchased and designed a trophy that (they think) will be passed down for generations to come. Most everyone got to go skiing or snowboarding for a day or two. Kaitlyn took Davis' one year pictures, which I can hardly wait to get back. It was so fun being together and watching Davis, Addison, and Owen all play. Can't we all live closer? Maybe one day I suppose. Love you friends and see you next year!


  Congrats Boys! 

3 comments:

Whitney Nelson said...

Ha ha ok, your Valentines evening sounds much too similar to ours. We had a lovely dinner, sang our hearts out on our way home as well...except it was to glee. And we also boxed up our dessert to go home and watch the bachelor. Great minds think alike! Xoxo miss you!

Lindsey Jefferies said...

Too funny Whit! We ordered Chinese take out and made sure we were home in time to watch the Bachelor as well. Love that show! And you're right the boys love it maybe even more than us! Wish you were still next door so we could just flip on the monitor and watch together. Love you!

Amanda said...

Yep.... I'm looking at your blog I figured I could sense you posted it on fb, and I'm happy to know my husband isn't the only other man that likes the bachelor. I have a blog if you want I'll send you an invite I promise its not that exciting though... But atleast then I'll feel a little more validated looking at yours. ;). Ps are you taking anymore clients... I need my hair done i will be in Utah all of April and most of may?