2/14/11

Goodbye is the saddest word.

He is someone I look up to, love, and admire. He has been through a lot, I mean a lot this past year and had every excuse to not go, but he went. Which gives me hope and strength in my own life. He left behind the world, to go and serve the lord, for that act alone I call him my hero.

For the next two years Elder Austin Charles Gleave will be serving in the Culiacon Mexico mission. I have never seen a 19 year old boy more prepared and more excited than him. He gave a farewell talk that would make you cry like a baby. Davis loves him more than anyone and will be three when he gets home. Three! He has been the man of the house these last couple months, and will be greatly (this word doesn't do justice) missed. We love him and miss him already. (deep breath, and hold back the tears) You will do great Austy.

The soon to Mrs. Jenna Rabe. What a perfect couple! 
 Missionary Training Center



2 comments:

scott and linds said...

I'm sure your brother will be an amazing missionary!

Wendys Hat said...

Oh Austin...this makes me sad too.