We are finally home! I think that is the longest vacation/ extended stay I have ever done. Today we ate our lunch at the park. We brought our picnic blanket and lounged in the sun for a good two hours. It was heaven, and moments like those make me thankful I live in the desert. :) Davis got to buy his first ice cream from the ice cream truck. He was in heaven. Today was a good day.
Remember how Davis had a stomach virus and the flu a few weeks ago, Well we finally figured out what was wrong with him. I thought I would share because as a new mom, this is something I wished I would have known beforehand. It had been a week and he was still vomiting and having blow outs. He had no appetite and was looking so pale and skinny. His stool's were a grayish/ whitish color. The day after we got to Utah I had to go into work all day. Ryan was home taking care of Davis. He called me and said, "Bring home soy milk." He continued to tell me, "I have been reading mom blogs' all day and I think I have figured out what is wrong with Davis." He is either going into liver failure (which he wasn't) or his liver has not fully developed and can't handle the cow's milk we have been giving him. They say that with some babies about 2-3 weeks after them being on cow's milk, these symptoms can show up. Their liver can't handle the milk and the body rejects it as fast as it can. We immediately started him on soymilk and 24 hrs. later he was back to his normal self. Poor little thing, I felt like the worst. mom. ever. They say to keep them on soy or almond milk for the first 6 months to a year after they start. I have Davis on almond milk, thanks to friend Courtney, who told me that soy milk can actually raise your estrogen level over a long period of time. So naturally, we chose Almond milk. Thanks to Mr. Mom (my dear husband) and mom blogs' for saving the day. Davis is healthy as can be and chubbier than ever.
It is finally time to get a new car seat. Poor Davis' little feet hang out of his infant one. So mother's, do any of you have recommendations of a car seat? I would love some advice.
This past month in iphone snap shots.
We went to Utah. An atrocious picture of me sleeping was plastered all over facebook by my gem of a husband. Austin left on his mission. Davis wore his bear suit. We played in the snow. Saw lots and lots of friends. Had a play date with Mason. Played (the dancing) kinect on the xbox and laughed so hard I cried. Celebrated Davis' first year of life. Did lots and lots of hair. Started construction on the first 5 Guys store (!!). Davis took his first steps and we came back home.

6 comments:
I'm glad you figured out what was wrong with him. If you are open to suggestions from a nutritional stand point, I would have him drink goats milk. That is what my boys drink (they are allergic to milk) and it is a lot healthier than soy milk.
you are a wonderful mom first of all. and props to Ryan on searching mom blogs to figure that out (= yes soy milk is not that great for you. Almond milk is wonderful but no protein. Goats milk is the way to go. (= oh and welcome home!
We were so happy to see you while you were here! We can't wait to play again.
I'm so relieved you figured out what was wrong with Davis. Poor baby. You guys are great parents and he is lucky to have you.
Yeah for vacation! We had so much fun seeing you guys! Happy late Birthday Davis! We love you! Can't believe it's been a year already!
Miss you guys! And congrats on starting construction on the first 5 guys...woo hoo
Poor guy ;( I"m glad you figured out the problem with Davis. I've heard that is super common. It looks like you guys have been having such a blast!
So sad. I'm so glad you found out what was wrong. Don't beat yourself up about it, there's no way you could have known. Everything is a learning experience. I did a ton of research and asked a million friends about carseats and everything and everyone said get a Britax carseat. They are rated #1 for safety. We got the Britax Boulevard ... it has the extra head protection on the sides. I love it. It's a great carseat. Only problem is they have the worst patterns. We ended up just getting black with some black plaid on it.
Post a Comment