5/5/11

Bon Voyage.

I am no longer a virgin to the cruise experience... and I must say that I am completely satisfied! 

We set sail for seven glorious days (minus our babies who were left with their loving grandma's) to the Eastern Caribbean with quite possibly the best traveling buddies one could hope for. Really, our vacation would not have been the same without them. I think a cruise is a must with fun friends! We made stops at Nassau, Bahamas & St. Thomas & St. Maarten (by far my favorite island!!). It was paradise, words & pictures can not even begin to describe.

I dare say we took full advantage of our vacation and did it all. From food (you literally never stop eating), snorkeling, relaxing, a trip to the spa (someone forgot to get their girlie bits waxed.. oops), exploring new islands, shopping and karaoke (yes, my husband announced to the entire bar that I would be getting up and singing his favorite rendition of "Uptown Girls", keep in mind I am tone deaf) I really should win some kind of award for having to live with my husband who finds joy in my embarrassment. I was followed up by a lovely performance of "I'm too sexy" by the boys (let's just say the women could barely contain themselves). We did the water slides, sipped margarita & pina colada's daily, laughed until we cried (on more than one occasion), danced in the Caliente until the wee hours, indulged in the midnight chocolate bar, learned how to be a better parent from this (I actually loved it) and most importantly remembered that I am still in love with my husband. It was nice to be with just the two of us. However, I won't tell you how many times I cried from missing my Davis. 


It was an almost perfect week (save the fact that my rear end barely fit on the toilet). They definitely make use of every square inch on those ships. Motion sickness was kept to a minimum with Cami's magic pills and a balcony with fresh air. I think we will make this a yearly tradition, so if our pictures don't scare you away, pack your bags and come with us next year.


 Bahamas 
blurry, but it captured the moment perfectly. 
 sunscreen + hats were our best friends. 
I get a queasy feeling just looking at this. 
Magens Bay St. Thomas
You know those jumping pictures, we should never be allowed to take them. yikes! 
St. Maarten (a french & dutch island, by far my favorite stop!!) 
Can we get a normal picture please? 
 Just realizing I completely spelled that wrong.  
Ryan pulling a Michelle Money for us in the sand
We miss you already friends. 


14 comments:

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

ahhh I love all your pic's! I'm going to put all of our's on a disc so I can give them to you..then you will have the best of both cameras! I miss it....I think I need to be on a beach right now!
Yay for good times!!! and yes this will be a yearly tradition and yes you guys are the best traveling partners
xoxo

Sam Hickcox said...

HAHAHA. I love the picture of you and Ryan on the beach...and me creeping from behind like a human/gorilla in stalker mode!

Glad I could ruin a perfectly good picture of you two, sorry about that one.

kimberlee shaffer said...

that does not look fun at all, looks like you had a terrible time. okay who am I kidding, I might hate you guys a little right now( ; ( PS. you look so pretty as always!)

Tom & Allie said...

i can't believe we missed it! it looks like you guys had an absolute blast!! you look beautiful as always mrs howes. miss you guys tons. one of these days we'll go to peru... ;)

jocelyn said...

i love all these pictures! i have only been on one cruise and it was with another couple. i totally agree it's the only way to go. i love all of your swimsuits and beachy attire! my fav picture is ryan doing his michelle money. hahahaha

Mara and Jae said...

looks like SOOO much fun. i'm still a cruise virgin myself, so jae and i just might have to tag along next year :)

The McDonalds said...

Count us in for your next cruise!!! We want to go on one so bad. Ok my husband & Ryan could be best friends... they are so alike. Mike entertains himself by volunteering me to do embarrasing things. I feel your pain. We definetly desirve an award for putting up with it. haha

mb said...

oh man. I need to get to somewhere tropical asap.

also, my boy loves karaoke...I do not. Not a good combo.

Love all your bathing suits!

scott and linds said...

What a FUN trip!! It looks like you guys had such a great time! I love a good trip with good friends and the caribbean is always so beautiful! Your suits are so cute! I just ordered one that looks alot like your striped one- can't wait for summer. I'm guessing you guys will be getting lots of pool time in this year. ;)

Good job on karaoke!! I'm the WORST, but its so much fun anyways.

k. said...

We want to come, we want to come!

Whit, you just look gorgeous. Seriously! And I need your hat. The first one. Tell me where it's from! And. St. Martin (we went to the French side, so I'll spell it THAT way) - we LOVED it. Seriously, go back & stay for a week. It's heaven. And we're going to St. Thomas in a few weeks, so you'll have to let me know what you did there! We've been once, but I don't remember a thing about the island!

Seriously! Gorgeous! I'm dying.

Whitney Nelson said...

You're perfect, the cruise looked perfect and so fun and so fabulous...and that's really all I have to say about that. I want to go! Love you!

Callie said...

Yay! We're going on my first cruise to the western caribbean next month and this makes me so excited for it! Love your swimsuits too!

Wendys Hat said...

I'm TOTALLY jealous!

brookep said...

So much fun!! I have yet to go on a cruise but when I find "the one" it'll be a pre-req that he promises to take me on a cruise. I have to ask you where you got your hot bronze (skrunchy looking) and stripped one pieces?!? I'm in love.