At fifteen months he broke a new record by sleeping seventeen hours the other night. Seventeen! He clearly is going through a major growth spurt, or just really happy to finally be home in his bed. We went to his one year check up last month his stats were as follows:
Head 95th percentile
Length 75th percentile
Weight 10th percentile
When our doctor told me his weight percentage, my eyes went as big as golf balls. Really? I swear he is chunky. We are currently working on fattening this boy up & I am happy to report we are back on cow's milk (which has been helping the weight gain). He is getting big. His mannerisms are big. Everything is just big. He tries so hard to communicate and point to what he wants. He says hi and waves to everyone (it's his first & favorite word). He says "wow wow" when you ask him, "What does the doggy say?" He walks everywhere with his hands up in the air, always dragging my diaper bag or pushing something around. He is the happiest little boy and so easy to take anywhere. He is so loving & just plain sweet. I hope this never changes.
I love this baby boy (I feel as if I can't even say baby anymore). I am welling up with tears at this moment. I know I sound ridiculous, but as a new mom it just all seems to be happening so fast. I was looking through photos I took of him this weekend and one of them I just burst into tears the minute I saw it, It's a photo of just him standing up and looking at me with a little smile. You know how they say pictures speak a thousand words, well this picture spoke five. Bye Mom, I love you. As if he was off to Kindergarten or College. I had this fleeting moment of, oh my goodness, one day he won't need me. Well I have something to tell you Davis Dean, you will always need your mama, and I will always need my Davis.
At fifteen months he is still the love of my life.


9 comments:
oh my goodness, that last pic of him with ryan is to die for! love it.
Whit, He is adorable.. These pictures are amazing... i just love how you are the sweetest momma! I hope you are doing well hope to see you soon!
xoxo
nat
He is so stinkin cute! My oldest is a skinny guy too. It's just his genes. his brother on the other hand. I thought he was huge but he is only in the 50% for his weight.
great post- i love where you said his pic only said 5 words. i might die the day i hear those words. tell these bebes to stop growing! love that little boy's smile!
i am happy to report that hudson has that shirt, swim suit and sandles. ;) we are too much. and i think his weight looks perfect! but i do love chubby! but i see chubby. i though 10% was skin and bones. who knew.
my dearest whitney... just when i was thinking that i was completely content with my little single life, i read your blog and am reminded of the one thing i want more than anything... to be a mother. you are so incredibly lucky my dear. and you just happen to be the prettiest mama i have ever seen. and your kid is pretty dang cute as well. thank you for always being so sweet. hope to see you and your sweet babe sometime soon.
He is looking so old now!! What a cutie!
He is so perfect, I love him. Between his 95 percentile head and Lucy's tiny 5th percentile head, maybe their kids will be average! Can't wait to see you this weekend and get my hair done. You are going to die when you see it.
Too cute! Let me babysit him...I will fatten him right up!
Post a Comment