5/11/11

Mother's Day Weekend.

I am beginning to think we live out of a suitcase.


We celebrated Mother's Day last weekend in Phoenix. We have not been there since Christmas. It was long over due for a visit, and such a fun weekend. Davis was in absolute bliss playing with everyone. I don't think he stopped moving save nap time & bedtime. His little face lit up & he would let out this squeal every time he saw one of the kids. Ryan kept reminding me, "See Whitney, he needs a little brother or sister to play with." I said, Or maybe he just needs a friend.


The men spoiled us on Sunday with German apple crisp pancakes (amazing) + homemade buttermilk pancakes. We exchanged cards, gifts, lots of hugs & we even talked to Elder Gleave (!!). It was just a really nice day. The day was topped off with homemade fajitas & Ryan's famous guacamole. Only to be out done by Amber's (to die for) coffee ice cream mud pie. It was a weekend filled with too much yummy food, I had my first taste of sprinkles cupcakes (can you say amazing!), lots of laughs, noise, sunshine, & chaos. Good chaos. Keep up the good work President & Sister Howes. We love you and miss you terribly. 



                                           

My mother's Day weekend (full of compliments & yes dear, whatever you say) came to an end on our drive home. Ryan may or may not have told me to not speak to him for a week, maybe even two. I eventually swallowed my pride + apologized & he kissed me goodnight. Sometimes you just have to laugh at the things couples argue over, or maybe it's just us. C'est la vie, and life goes on. :)

6 comments:

Mara and Jae said...

CUUUUUTE skirt whit!!! where did you get it? seriously so stinkin cute.

k. said...

So many cute kids! How fun!

You look gorgeous, of course. I feel like I say that with every post.

Oh - & Sprinkles opens in NYC TOMORROW! I might pee my pants I'm so excited.

Les said...

I have to ask... what kind of camera do you guys have? You always have the most beautiful pictures! It looks like you have a professional photographer take pictures of you where ever you go! or maybe you really do! :)

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

cutest little kids...holy cow! It looks like Davis was in heaven. Wish you were here so we could go to the zoo...or I was there so we could go to the pool. Mason (and Momma) are in need of a play date!

Glad you guys had a great time!
xoxo

Whitney said...

Les, you are far too kind. I have SO much to learn. We have a Nikon D3000 camera. I love it, but have so much to learn on how to use it. Email me if you have anymore questions.

whit.howes@gmail.com

Mara and Jae said...

LOOOVE that skirt, whit. it's super cute.