5/20/11

My favorite things for May.

Happy Friday.

Davis & I are off to Utah this afternoon for the week (for a visit with Grandma + more hair), followed by a flight straight to California for Memorial weekend. I was talking to a girlfriend yesterday and I think she said it best, "I bet a vacation to you these days is just being home". On the flip side however, I am thankful for all the time we have gotten to spend with family & friends, and feeling lucky I am still able to work. With that said, it would be nice (one day) to maybe just slow down a teensy bit. I feel like I've been running like a chicken with my head cut off. 

Before I head out I thought I would share my favorite things for this month. But first, I must tell you about my new very favorite thing. Pinterest. Have you heard of it? I am slightly obsessed. I finally have a place to put all of my ideas, get new ideas, and organize the things I love. It really is just a genius idea. Leave me your email if you want an invite to join & I will send one your way. Side note: When I first told Ryan about this, he rolled his eyes and said, Oh great, another form of social networking Whitney? 



These shoes with cuffed jeans
This fedora with these aviator glasses
These mocassins are my favorite, but I like the price of these better.
This swimsuit in jade or navy
This swimsuit and this because you just can't beat the price
I am loving the stripes in this 
This (my favorite pencil skirt) with this sweater (in ivory/ peach) & this bracelet
If I were pregnant I would be wearing this & this
This belt (in yellow) wrapped around your waist with a navy cardigan
These bangles to dress up a t-shirt
 If I could lay out on a deserted island where no one could see me I would be wearing this. I'm obsessed
I think anyone can pull of this fedora
I have found the perfect jean short here with this shirt
This bronzer (in laguna) and this blush (in orgasm, don't let the name scare you) because it's just simply the best.



12 comments:

Mara and Jae said...

LOVE boden. my sister is a boden fanatic. all her little girl's clothes are from there, and she recently splurged on some summer wedges from there. i only wish i could buy all the things she does!

kimberlee shaffer said...

These are my favorite posts of yours! thanks for all the cute ideas (=

kimberlee shaffer said...

oh and invite me to pinterest. irelandsmommy@hotmail.com

jocelyn said...

just bought the nars blush when i was in s.f. best thing that's happened to me in a long time. my friend kera had one of their other (even more inappropriately named) colors recommended to her. wish they could just name them something cute instead of trying to be so edgy. please tell me i can have you do my hair sometime? yours is so pretty i'm covetous. i've tried literally 7 different people here. they all suck.

The McDonalds said...

Ok whit I want in on this pinterest thing. One more thing for me to get addicted to. Mcdonald.lorren@gmail.com

emilyy said...

I'm so glad you are on pinterest. I am totally obsessed with it as you may have noticed.

Amanda said...

I love your sense of style....if only I could afford...hehe. I'm excited to see you Monday my hair is awful!

Les said...

I LOVE nars bronzer in laguna. It's the only bronzer I wear.

k. said...

Yes. Obsessed with Pinterest. So much fun, although it encourages lots of spending. :) As do these lists!

I love Orgasm (& think the name is cheeky!), but I love Deep Throat even better. Try it! And Amen to laguna...

(PS - Jocelyn's friend Kera is my sister in law. Love how all the Mormon girls in the world are so closely tied together...)

Andrea said...

i need a job after seeing all these links....

Wendys Hat said...

You're so funny Whitney! I have been addicted to Pinterest for a year now and have actually met some really great friends from there! Check me out at http://pinterest.com/wendyshat/

Jess said...

Ok first off I LOVE your blog .... I am friends with Cami and found your blog from hers ... I hope you don't mind! Secondly I have to ask you a question ... for a few months I have been looking for a necklace that is identical to the one you wear all the time ... it is the gold delicate chain with a tiny diamond on it ..... I have to ask where you got it! And keep up this amazing blog, especially posts like this with all your favorites!

jessnordhoff@hotmail.com