6/10/11

How do you know you have really made it?

When you have a giant glaring blow up plastic pool in your back yard. Yes, that's right. I am the proud new owner of a $5 pool. And do you know what, we (Davis & I) absolutely love it. Ryan, on the other hand, could not control his laughter when I walked in the door last Saturday proudly holding it in my arms. He looked at me like I was crazy, Is this some kind of Joke, he asked. No! I said, It's for Davis and I to play in in the backyard, and we are actually really excited. So, if you are ever looking for us, look no further than my backyard. Davis and I spend at least a good hour everyday playing in it. It's like an outside bath tub for him. Truly the best $5 I have ever spent. 


Auntie Karissa has been here all week! We love her, and couldn't be happier to have her with us. Ryan and I even got a mini date night in. We have been baking, eating out, shopping, lounging in our (super nice) pool, and watching one to many trashy television shows. She even helped me make my very first  batch of Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies. It only took me 20 something years to do it. Worst housewife of the year award goes to this girl. To top off the week, I purchased a great new sunhat here. It's the perfect mix between the trendy fedora and the overly large sun hat. Minus my never ending cold/ sinus infection I would say It's been a good week so far, a really good week. 


Oh my goodness, and his swim trunks. Are you not dying? We found them here (Thanks to friend Kathryn for mailing it to us). Good thing Ryan is at work all day. I am fairly certain he will ban these pictures the moment he sees them! But how could you not put Davis in these? His chunky little thighs, pop belly stomach, I just simply couldn't resist. 


Ryan's eyes were the size of golfballs when we met up for dinner and he saw his son in these (again). Oops. 

10 comments:

Amanda said...

cute pictures! i love the pool. seriously we live in ours too. they are great! p.s...i love the jean shorts and swim trunks! haha.

Bridget said...

Jaxon has some jean shorts i bought and then i made some and I think they are adorable. WE can only dress them for so long before they are requesting superman or bateman outfits, I say do it. ps where do you find all these cute stores. I havent heard of that zara place before but i must say i want a pair of the red ones. oh and PPS STOP being so dang cute. seriously your life in pictures look likes the best life in the world because everything looks like it popped out of a magazine.

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

Tell ryan jean shorts are way cool ok and I pair it with a striped tank for mase..haha I really do..it's like a trendy white trash outfit...it look so cute though.
Uh and the pool genius!!! I need one now...and those trunks I have been searching everywhere for some!!!!!!! I love them. I'm so jealous
Love you guys...how to see you soon! We are thinking of maybe coming to vegas sometime in july cause sam is off of school for a couple weeks

k. said...

The hat is perfect, yes! Hooray for Target!

And Davis is so perfect in those trunks! I think little boys just need to be in them, & it's our job as mothers to override their fathers. :)

Q has that tshirt (with long sleeves!).

The Alvords said...

LOVE love love Davis's shorts and bathing trunks. If Lucy were a boy, she'd be wearing the same thing. Carrissa is gorgeous and you two look like twins.

P.S. I think at some point we have to become neighbors. Life would be much more exciting if that happened.

Jess said...

Thank you for your sweet comment and about the necklace ... funny thing is I saw it there a couple of months ago and have been looking for something cheaper but just like it .... now I am pretty sure it is meant to be and good thing my anniversary is soon :) You are adorable and I really think you need to dress me! I love your style!!!

Andrea said...

you are drop dead gorgeous. If a $5 pool is what it takes to get that tan....I'm off to buy me a $5 pool! :)

Brooke said...

OK I can NOT even get over how stinkin adorable Davis is!!! Really Whit he is so cute! I agree with whoever said all of your pictures look like they came out of a magazine its so true. You are gorgeous! Cant wait to see you in a couple weeks!!

Wendys Hat said...

Karissa is too pretty! I love your hat Whitney and want to steal it! We had to drain our pool so I am jealous of yours!!!

Callie said...

I have been seriously contemplating buying a blow-up pool for Berkley. (And maybe a little bit for me too.) I may have to do it now. Also, those swim trunks are to die for! I also love the cut-offs and all-stars. I don't usually like little boy clothes but you always dress Davis super cute!