6/17/11

Life.

When you really stop and think about it, it's quite amazing, really. Billions & billions of people, both old and young, just trying to make it through each day. Although each circumstance and scenario differs, I believe there is one common thread in us all. The desire and need to be heard and loved.


I have been going back and forth as to post this or not. However, I keep coming back to the reason I actually started this blog. To document and record my life, our life. To remember the good moments, and the bad, the ups and the downs. After all, that is what our lives are made of, No? Millions of pieces of happiness, heartache, the past, present & future, sadness & love. All Compiled together to create who we are, and who we have become.


My parents house sold, and their divorce is final. 


All with in a week. After a long year and a half, everything all seemed to happen too fast. And as happy and good of a thing as it is, I just can't seem to hold back the tears tonight. It's like a big chapter in my life is closing, never to be opened again. A home that my parent's built from the ground up. A home where my mother raised six children. The memories, the comfort, the canyon and it's beautiful surroundings. It's just home to me, and in one month that will no longer be. Tonight as I was laying Davis down, It hit me. Like a big ton of bricks all at once (you know that feeling). Something I was okay with, and could handle and felt like I had under control, all the sudden came spiraling down in a mix of emotions. A place inside my heart I didn't even know existed is aching so deeply. Sometimes (I would say most times) change is hard, and change is new, and change is scary. But do you know what makes it okay? The reassurance and knowledge that I am a daughter of god. My divine nature. That the worth of every soul is great in the sight of god. The worth of my soul is great in the sight of god. Which in turn gives me hope for a better tomorrow. Hope for a better future for each person in my family & hope for my own & new little family. It gives me a sense of belonging and reminds me that everything happens in this world for a reason. Although we may not know the answer now, one day we will. I love my family, and I am thankful for the circumstances in which I grew up, because I wouldn't be who I am today without them. I am grateful for the knowledge that I am a child of god, and that he is mindful of me... of us. 


At the end of some days, when I feel as if I have nothing left. I am quickly reminded of these two boys, who I feel completely undeserving of. Some one who calls me their wife, and someone who calls me their mama. Through the joys and sorrows of life, (+ lots of deep, deep breaths) together we will make it. 



We will make it.



24 comments:

Amanda said...

you are AMAZING! so glad we got to chat when you did my hair. hope everything else is going ok. i've been thinking about you!

Mara and Jae said...

wow whit. that's a lot of 'stuff' to have to handle and go through. you are most definitely a strong, strong woman and i appreciate you sharing these thoughts.

k. said...

Love you, Whit. This was such a beautiful post. And so true.

Hugs to you.

a-hyde said...

Came across your blog... you prob don't remember me. We went to Dance Impressions together. I even have a scary pic of our dance recital with long black spandex pants and blue rhinestone top! Anyway, I loved this post, and you are most definitely a GREAT mother.
Abby Hyde

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

what a strong and amazing momma you are! I'm so sorry you are going through this..but it will only make you a stronger, better woman, wife, and mother.
Thank you for sharing..I know that's a hard thing to do.

Just remember you are loved and you are never given more than you can handle.

love you and just know I'm thinking of you.
xoxo

Cailey & Brady said...

I needed to hear this today, thank you so much for sharing! You're simply amazing... hang in there through the rough times!

Tara said...

Whit! I love you! It was so good talking to you forever yesterday. Take care and I hope we can find a time to get together in the next month! Good luck with life.

Anonymous said...

Hey Whitney! I'm sorry to hear I know how hard it is to see your parents divorce. I remember after having Bryson and the love I had to think I'm sure my parents felt this feeling too and how did they lose it. But take it as a lesson to learn from their mistakes. Your little boy is darling.

mb said...

whitney, you are so special. we are thinking about you!

Whitney Nelson said...

Whit, that post was like poetry. I love you so much, you know that. This is a huge chapter in your life and I know you can make it through. I know it, because you've overcome so much already, and I've learned so much from you. Don't ever be discouraged. Thankfully you have those two boys in your life making everything better! Hugs & Kisses!

Lauren said...

sorry to hear about your parents. seems like you have a wonderful grasp of your self worth and the worth of the family you and Ryan are creating and I'm glad - I think that's one of the most destructive things divorce does to kids.

r+s+a laney said...

Whit you are such an amazing person, wife, and mother! Love you.

emilyy said...

:)
So beautiful, thanks for sharing that.

Brittany Seager said...

thanks for this post. you are awesome, honestly when i just think of a happy kind person its you. xoxo

agirlnamedgay said...

whit i love this post bc it has been an unresolved issue in my mind. since you shared some of these things with me a LONG time ago, it's one of those conversations that somehow finds it's way to the front of my mind like once a month. I'm happy there's at least a little bit of closure and that you're seeing how you fit into all of this and how you want to change the ending to your own stoary. you're an inspiration ms whit!

MCMULLIN FAMILY said...

I love your blog and look forward to reading it each Sunday evening. You are a doll - the most beautiful wife and mom and so incredibly stylish. I am so sorry to hear of your parents divorce and the sale of their home that was your home too. My parents divorced when I was a young mom, too. I had a two year old and was pregnant with my second and living far away. It was a tough time. The sale of their house was heartbreaking - all of it was. But I had the same reassuring testimony you have and that got me through it. I wish you peace. Hold tight to Ryan and darling Davis.

Candice said...

I totally bawled.. in fact still can't see cause my eyes are so teary.
Whit, you are one of the most amazing beautiful people I know. You are strong and these experiences that we go through in life just make us stronger. hold in their cause your right. Youll make it.
love you babe.

jocelyn said...

you are really real and it is refreshing!

Wendys Hat said...

I know how you feel Whitney. I was with your Mom and Karissa at Grandmas when she signed and faxed the house papers in. That house meant a lot to my children who would come up to visit their cousins and feel loved by you all. Luckily these feelings and memories can NEVER be taken away from us all. Like I told your Mom, it is sad to see the house go but it will be a good feeling to move forward with life after all that has gone on this year. This is the only way for the healing to begin. Change is hard. Luckily we all have each other.

Allie Steele said...

oh lovie! you are so unbelievably amazing! this post brought big elephant tears to my eyes and made me miss you... our talks, our laughs, our tears.. so much. you are an incredible woman with so much to offer. the Lord really has blessed you in so many ways and this post right here, your words, your growth written on paper, is a gift, a talent, my dear. Not many (if any) could/would turn out to be the beautiful, strong, faithful daughter of God that you've turned out to be with these circumstances. Knowing we are children of God - of GOD!!!!- is a big deal and truly does bring meaning to our lives.
I love you forever Miss Whitey! There is a huge void in my life right now and I think I know just the person (well including ry & D i guess "people") who can fill it!
love u love u love u
A

Whitney said...

Friends, You will never know how much your sweet words mean to me. I am finding strength in them everyday! Each one of your kind words have left an imprint in my heart.

Thank you just isn't a strong enough word! I truly love you all.

scott and linds said...

bumps in the road are so tough and I'm so sorry you have to go through so much at one time. You said it so perfectly though, your worth is great and you have a wonderful family who loves you so much. You guys will definitely make it! Hang in there. You are such a beautiful, amazing, talented mom and wife. Stay positive. xx

-Randall.Ashley- said...

Came across your blog recently and I love reading it (hope you don't mind)! I always thought you were the prettiest girl in high school! You have a beautiful family. I can relate to your parent's divorce and watching your childhood home go up for sell. It's not easy (I still drive past mine sometimes just to look at it), but it always tends to work out in the end. Wonderful post, hang in there!

Callie said...

Whit, I am so sorry to hear all of this. I actually drove by your old house 2 days ago and saw the for sale sign in the yard and wondered if your parents were moving. I'm so sad to hear the reason why. You're amazing and you have a great support system, I know you'll be ok.