6/24/11

My Favorite things for June.

Let's be honest. Hair is a lady's best accessory. No? Whether you like it or not our hair is a big part of our everyday lives. So why not invest in it, take care of it, and show it some love? For my favorite things post this month, I decided to share a few things that will help & protect your hair this summer. 


Did you know taking care of your hair (especially in the sun) is just as important as your skin? It is! The sun dries out all of it's natural oils, the wind creates split ends, and pollution leaves hair dull and lifeless. Not only do these things damage your hair, but they also cause highlights and color to fade. First things first, If your hair is already a bit fried, go to a salon and have your ends trimmed off. If they are broken, no product will completely reseal them. At least once a week you should be doing a deep conditioning treatment on your hair. This will give parched, dry, & dull hair life & shine again. Ask your stylist if he or she can do a clear or colored gloss on you. The gloss also acts as a protective barrier to the hair cuticle. Great hair doesn't just happen, it's an investment and takes time. 


My favorite hair masque is this (I use it once a week). If you have really thick/ unruly hair use this 
This is a great hair masque to use after a long day in the sun.  
This and this are both amazing products to apply on damp hair before a day in the sun.
This Paul Mitchell product (contains SPF) is a great color protect/ lock in spray as well and such a great price. Use on damp hair. 
Here is just one more sun protectant spray as well if you love Redken. 
Make sure you are using ponytail holders like this that won't break or rip your hair off.
Always use a wide tooth comb like this on your hair when you are brushing it out. Anything more can put too much stress on it. 
A leave- in conditioner found here that is truly life changing. A must have! I spray it in my hair after the shower before I comb it out. 
This is my favorite styling product to get that sexy beachy, full of body hair. See the how to video on the link.
Cute hats like this and this will happily ensure no damage in the sun. 
Also remember a cute scarf/ bandana can double as a head wrap. See how to wear the latest trend here
If you want to read more about how/ why to take care of your hair in the sun click here.

If you have any more questions or need any other recommendations for products just let me know. I am slightly obsessed (obviously) with all things hair. Hooray for Summer! 

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your favorite things! It's like Oprah! Keep it going because I get really great ideas, and sometimes my dilemmas are solved. Thanks!

Jess said...

These are my all time favorite posts, I think you should do more :) I have no idea when it comes to my hair so I needed this!! So are you a hairstylist? If so now I am wishing you were still in Utah ... I could use a change!

brookep said...

Whit I love the hair insights!! This is the first time I've looked at your blog and I just adore you! You have such a beautiful family. I can't wait to see you again!! Love you lots

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

I LOVE all of these...i think i will need to purchase one of each.
thanks for the tips friend!

Kenley said...

Thanks Whit! After hating my red hair my whole life, I finally like it, so I want to keep its color and I'm obsessed with taking good care of it. Keep the tips coming! This was fun to read.