While driving home yesterday we came to the conclusion that we are (functioning) travel hippies. I think we sleep at our house maybe fifty percent of the time.
We spent the last week in Utah + Idaho + Park City. And ohmygoodness, I am tired. It was a happy, sad, emotional, fun, long, full of family, lots of tears, good week. Is that even possible? I worked at the salon for two days and tried to help my mom pack as much as I could. We spent part of the weekend in Idaho for our nephew Jack's baptism. All of Ryan's family, sans President & Sister Howes, were there. It was really fun to see and be with everyone. We spent the Fourth of July with the Gleave's at a cabin in the Canyon's Resort in Park City. We bbq'd & made root beer floats. It was so beautiful & felt like heaven to be in jeans and a shirt, Utah really does do summer right!
I took a bazillion photos, especially of my parent's house. It almost felt like if I just kept taking pictures then I would be okay. I found my self walking through the house and yard being flooded with so many memories I think my head almost exploded (!!). Memories are happy & so good! When things are taken away from us, memories and photos are all we have to cling onto, and I am thankful for them. I really am.
We are off to California tonight. I am in need of some serious hair therapy and a mini girls get away to Santa Monica. I can hardly wait! Ryan & Davis will be staying in Temecula for Ryan's work. Please inform me if you happen to see a new blog post from my husband. Chances are it's something along the lines of this, and that's not good.
We love the Hickcox's
Idaho.
Saturday night at Eaglewood Golf Course
Temple Square
Waving "hi" to all the cars with his post bath mohawk given by Dad.
Our last day playing in the yard.
Gleave Girls





10 comments:
oh looks so fun....i love all your darling photos.
have fun in cali...
Don't be surprised if I enter you guys to be on the show "My Big Fat Gypsy Wedding" on TLC. It's about traveling gypsy's! haha
love you guys...miss you
and dont worry I have my eyes peeled for cheap flights to Vegas. I'm going through vacation withdrawals already.
Whit u are killin me! Only u could keep up that kind of schedule! But I'm glad u were traveling and I got to see ya. Love all the pics. Really a beautiful family.
50% of the time, really? I was thinking more like 20%! (=
My heart goes out to you and having to say goodbye to the home you grew up in, that would be hard! But you are right, memories and photo's are all we have to hold onto and we can be so thankful for them. It is a very beautiful home!!!
Im totally a blog stalker and found your blog through mutual friends. I am now a fan. Your a doll and your family is gorgeous. You have a wonderful attitude and I love your "favorites" so keep em coming. Thanks for keeping me entertained.
well if you're going to be hippies, i think the functional type is probably the way to go! you guys are always having fun adventures. i'm jealous! have fun in california!
Loved seeing you guys even just for a few minutes. Can't wait for you to come back in town and hopefully we'll get a little more time together. You guys look great as always! Give that little Davis a hug from us. Owen keeps asking 'do you know where my friend Dadis lives?'
I LOVE your red white & blue Tory Burch shoes! You always look so great and your little guy is one handsome dude!
whit you look gorgeous as always in every single pic. we were up at eaglewood too (along with the rest of bountiful and nsl ha) too bad we didn't run into eachother!
Oh my goodness look at your BEAUTIFUL family. I always thought that once my husband I decided to have kids that I would want a girl. Your little boy totally changes my mind! Glad I stumbled upon your blog. Hope all is well!
whit! i love all your clothes!! and looks like you guys had so much fun! Where did you all meet up?? that looks like so much fun on the 4th!! love and miss you!
Post a Comment