A friend was at my house this week who recently lost her husband. She went on to tell me that the hardest thing for her (aside from the fact that he is gone) has been the guilt of "I don't think I told him how much I loved & appreciated him. I didn't thank him for fixing the sprinklers, and changing the oil. You know, just all the little things." It hit me, right smack dab in the middle of my heart. Here is this lady, who truly is a saint! One of the kindest, sweetest, ladies you could ever know who thinks she didn't do enough. She said to me, "Don't take that for granted Whitney, because no matter how many times you tell them, it's never enough." I am thankful to know people like her in my life, people that change you for the better.
From today forward, I will simply do better.

5 comments:
just hearing about your friend makes my heart hurt. I can't even imagine! thanks for the reminder!
I love that thought. What a great reminder to be more thankful! You look just as beautiful as ever and a visit to NYC from you and Lara would be too much fun!
xoxo
i second leslie. it's something we don't even want to think about, but if we don't think about how that could happen to any of us, we will forget to appreciate and love every second we can.
so glad you had a great time.
I dido everyone. I think I take Sam for granted everyday. I tell him I love him and how grateful i am...but i know it's not enough. the thought of ever losing him crushes me. so thank you for the reminder...life is short.
cant wait to see you next week! i bought a sprinkler to hook up to the hose..it's the best thing ever... the boys can play in the water while we lay out?! huh huh...sounds like fun or what?!
that breaks my heart
Post a Comment