8/8/11

Morning ritual.

It's Monday, and I love that we are home almost all week (minus Ryan who got suckered into going on the Priests 50 mile, 5 day camp out). 


I have had a few friends (via instagram) ask for this smoothie recipe that I make for Davis & I every morning. It's our very favorite & so so good for you! We eat it every morning along with a piece of Organic Mulit-Grain with omega 3 bread (found at Costco). This recipe makes quite a bit, but I drink it all to ensure that I am full until lunch. Hopefully it will become a new ritual for you too. 





Fresh Fruit & Spinach Shake

1/2 cup lowfat milk
1 cups Blueberries
5 whole strawberries
1 large pineapple chunk (I buy the fresh pineapple from Costco) 
2 big spoonfuls of activia peach yogurt (sometimes I use vanilla)
small handful of raw almonds
1 banana 
1 (giant) handful of spinach leaves
7 ice cubes 

Blend well & Enjoy! 

9 comments:

Callie said...

Sounds yummy! I've been wanting to start making smoothies for breakfast but then our blender broke :( I'll definitely have to give this one a try once we replace that darn blender!

Les said...

mmm! I may have to start copying you!

r+s+a laney said...

oooh I'm trying this tomorrow morning! I'm not pregnant anymore so I can't have 3 bowls of cereal for breakfast like i used to. So this will be good for me. Cool Vitamix :)

Marcy said...

look who finally found your blog!! Love it!! and love the smoothie!!

Russanne said...

Girl! I have been debating about getting a Vitamix for so long! Tell me. Is it worth it?? Do you use it for more than just shakes? Help!

Anonymous said...

You should post your diet and exercise regime!! I would LOVE to have your body! What do you do??!!

Whitney said...

Russanne, Yes! We completely love it. Thankfully we got ours as a wedding gift. We use it at least once a day. My sister in law has a blendtec (sp?) They love that brand as well. If you have any more questions let me know!

Anonymous, I would feel too silly posting about my daily routine. :) But I would love to send you over ideas of meals and exactly what I do to your email. My email is whit.howes@gmail.com

Email me!

Anonymous said...

Didn't mean for it to say "Anonymous".

Sent you an email a couple of days ago. :)

Jenna said...

I stumbled upon your blog a little while ago when I thought you were someone I knew from high school. I have kept reading because I'm from Bountiful too, I'm due the end of May, and who doesn't love Disneyland and California? I'm going to try your smoothie recipe, it looks delicious. But I'd also love to hear about what you to do to work out, especially while pregnant. I have found it to be a challenge to find something I enjoy. Thanks for sharing your style and nutrition tips!