I've been thinking lately... about two things in particular. These last two weeks have been maybe the craziest// most life changing// eye opening two weeks of my entire life. It has literally been one thing after another & I have been thinking about this poem lots & lots. Especially today (well, actually yesterday considering I wrote this last night). In my short 24 years of life, I don't know much, but I do know as sure as I am typing these words that things happen for a reason. Everything happens for a reason. And today I choose to be happy & content with where I am in life right now. That doesn't mean I can't hope & dream of things to come, but so many times I think... Once I get to that point, then I will really be happy. Once I get over this trial, Once we move & get settled, once we have a fully furnished & decorated house (etc. etc.), then I will be happy. What am I waiting for? Why not be happy today, in this very moment, in my very situation? You know this song. I really love it. So smile, and maybe even laugh. I believe there is a silver lining for everything in life. It may take a while to find it, but I promise you it's there.
Side note: Did you get to hear President Uchtdorf's talk over the weekend? These 5 things changed me.
Oh! And we celebrated our Anniversary a few weeks ago with a quick little get a way to San Diego. It was just simply perfect. We stayed at this charming little spa tucked away in La Jolla. We lounged by the pool, watched the sunset on the beach, ate amazing Mexican food & passed out cold by (I think) 9:00pm. On our drive home I said, "Three years, that's really not that long honey." Ryan: "That's 2 years longer than Drew Barrymore & Tom Green, that's got to say something right?"
I love my husband.
Yes, this would be that totally awkward self timer photo taken on our balcony.



7 comments:
You two are so cute. We love you!
lucky duck! what pretty lil vaca!
Whit, I look up to & respect you so very much. You're a strong, good girl & I'm lucky to be your friend!
Happy 3 to you & Ryan!
xo
You guys are the most darling couple! Seriously though, I want your life! Always on some fun adventure and you have the most positive attitude which I love. I am totally behind you on the everything happening for a reason. It may not make sense now, but sooner or later it does! I have learned this lesson BIG time since moving to NY!
Hope to see you soon!
xoxo
love this whit! you guys are adorable. glad you got to get away together :) good luck with the move
Love you girl. I think it has been a self reflecting week...what do you say!
I do know that everything will be allright and it does happen for a reason...we often dont figure out the reasoning until much later..if ever at all.
You are a strong strong woman..i admire you very much.
and uh 4 more days...party harty!
Love you guys
I loved his talk on Saturday, it changed my life! It was so fun to sit by you through it as well. I wish we could have seen each other more during your short Henderson dwelling, but we are very excited for you guys and all of your exciting changes. (= Happy anniversary!
Post a Comment