3/30/12

27 weeks

My bump is huge. Like straight out there! I have so graciously had a handful of people tell me, Wow! You are really showing (fyi: one of the top 5 things you should never tell a pregnant lady). 

We are officially in our third trimester! I haven't decided if I should be excited or semi freaking out. I swear it was just yesterday that I was barfing my brains out. And somehow we are T minus twelve weeks from this sweet baby boy being here. Sheesh! Thanks to my yoga/ pilates/ spinning studio, I have been feeling so great the past few months! I didn't do anything (save a walk here & there) while I was pregnant with Davis & I can't even tell you the difference I feel. Amazing. A few random things on my mind as of lately... 

-I am carrying baby boy really, really low. Bring on the waddling. 
-Bleach & 409. I clean my house with it every. single. day. Can not get enough of the smell! 
- Grapefruits, fruit & anything citrus. 
- Ice water (lots of crunchy ice). First thing I need when I wake up in the morning.  
-Mint Chocolate chip ice cream & a crunchy veggie taco from chipotle are high on my list these days. 
-Margherita pizza (I have been missing Patsy's & Settebello on a weekly basis).
-My right eyelashes fell out! Seriously, they are little stubs trying to grow back (please say this is normal).  

Why is it that you just sort of feel like a hot mess 99.9% of the time while pregnant? I answered the door for the UPS man the other day at 4pm & I was still in my matching pajamas! I live in stretchy clothes, seems like I'm always tired or moaning about something hurting & my hair is generally air dried & thrown up. However, I just don't care because there is a sweet little miracle growing inside of me & at the end of the day nothing else matters. Every morning I wake up, I lay in bed & feel him kick & think about what he will look like for a good half hour before I attempt rolling out of bed. It's just a pure miracle & I am so tremendously thankful. 


Awkward smile & a pose that makes me look like I'm about to wet my pants at any moment. A true representation (minus my hair & make up actually being done) of me at 6 months pregnant. 


8 comments:

.kaitlyn. said...

you definitely don't look like a hott mess! can't wait for that baby!

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

you look beautiful. I love your LITTLE bump..it's perfect and so cute
can't wait for baby boy to come...i can't believe it's so close! That's so exciting Whit!

p.s. working out during pregnancy makes all the difference!!! For the body and the MIND!
love ya girly
oh and p.s. just got the text about the placemats...hahah so I will pick those up send them! xox

agirlnamedgay said...

Whit stop it! You're last line about made me pee my pants! You make pregnancy look amazing. And so glad ur taking the time to enjoy it- I was never good at that but u do so good at it!

emilyy said...

You are so darling. I've never heard of anyone losing their eyelashes before? But pregnancy does crazy things to the body.

Whitney Nelson said...

Whit, you look absolutely DARLING & you are glowing. You will be such a good mom of 2-love you!

Callie said...

Whit you look adorable! It's so funny the things people will say without thinking. I had a guy at work tell me I was getting bigger every day. Yeah, that's exactly what I want to hear! I was also the same way about getting ready. No hair or makeup for me unless I HAD to leave the house. Enjoy your 3rd trimester, it goes by so fast!

The Woods said...

You look darling!! Never fear about the eyelashes. Happened to me too:)

Cailey & Brady said...

You are so darling!