After posting this picture on instagram last night I had a few friends ask for the recipe, so I thought I would share. Quick & simple, just the way I like to cook (that is... when I actually do cook)! Our market was out of cotija cheese so we used parmesan. A perfect twist to spice up your corn on the cob. We also did a yummy chicken marinade that went perfect with it.
Grilled Chicken Marinade
Ingredients
1/2 cup olive oil
4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
4 cloves garlic, pressed (I used minced garlic)
2 tablespoons fresh chopped parsley
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil or you can use mint or both
1 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
Directions
Combine all ingredients in a bowl and add chicken. Refrigerate & Let soak overnight. Makes enough for about 8 chicken breasts.
Grilled Corn with Cilantro Butter
Ingridients
1 cup packed chopped fresh cilantro
1 stick unsalted butter, room temp
1/2 tsp. finely grated lime zest
2 tsp. fresh lime juice
Coarse salt
12 ears of corn, husked
Grated cotija or parmesan cheese for sprinkling.
Directions
Puree cilantro, butter, lime zest, lime juice & 1/2 tsp. salt in food processor (we used our vitamix).
Heat grill to medium-high. Brush corn with some of the cilantro butter (don't be shy) & season with salt. Grill corn, turning occasionally, until nicely charred and bright in color. About 12-15 minutes. Remove from grill and brush corn again with remaining cilantro butter. Sprinkle generously with cheese. Serve warm.
(Corn recipe via Martha Stewart, Marinade via my sister in law)

4 comments:
Salivating just reading this! Thanks for sharing. I'll have to wait until summer for the corn because that's when it's best but I'm super excited to try that and the yummy marinade!
Yum, I will definitely be making this!
This looks so yummy! I think we need to have a recipe swap :)
yum, thanks for sharing! makes me want to go down to la esquina and get some corn tonight!
Post a Comment