5/15/12

Mother's day

was an extra happy day! Weston & his darling girlfriend spent the weekend with us all the way from Virginia. We swam, had fun at Disneyland, walked around our favorite farmer's market, sent them seal watching in La Jolla & ate yummy mexican. Sunday was filled with homemade breakfast & a delicious dinner made by my sweet husband. It also included a Mother's day card entitled "With deepest sympathy". On the inside it read, "that you have to live with Davis & I". I love that husband of mine & his sense of humor. 

I was extra emotional all day. I will blame that on pregnancy & all these hormones. But seriously, I feel extra special & extra blessed to not only be a mother, but to be surrounded by so many amazing examples of what a mother & woman should be. My own mother, mother in law, sister in laws, aunts, cousins, friends, neighbors, teachers, strangers... the list goes on. Some have children & some do not. But every single one of them have taught me something to make & shape me into who I am today. For that, I am grateful to all of you. I love that we get to celebrate womanhood! Through the joys & sorrows, ups & downs, hormones & all, I am proud to be a woman. I feel humbled and honored to be the mother of (almost) 2 precious little boys.

At 34 weeks my stomach is huge! There are just no two ways about it. 



9 comments:

Cailey & Brady said...

You are do darling!! What a fun weekend, can't wait to see new baby soon enough!

r+s+a laney said...

I can't even get over how cuuute you look! What a darling family!

Heather said...

You seriously make pregnancy look effortless! I hope I look half as adorable as you. I still need to meet little Davis!

Hopefully now that I will be back in Utah, we can all get together on one of your little jaunts home!

xoxo

Jess said...

Whit you seriously look gorgeous!!! I love your dress!!!

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

so cute! I love Ryan's card! hahah good thing he has a great sense of humor!

You look beautiful, so glad you had a wonderful Mother's Day. You deserve it momma! You are the sweetest girl I know. I'm sure plenty of people (me included) look to you as an example!
xo

agirlnamedgay said...

Ryan's card was hilarious! Glad u were feeling the love on mothers day. You are the best and ALL your boys are sO lucky to have ur cute self!

Mara and Jae said...

you look beautiful! loving your outfit/jewelry colors together. good luck with your last few weeks carrying that baby boy!

Nic & Spence said...

Whitney, you are beautiful!! I seriously love you! And I hope that you're doing great! You and Ryan have the most adorable little boy already, and I know this second one will be just the same! Love you sweetie!

Chris and Em said...

Whit, you are a beauty! REALLY, though! ADORABLE family. And the transition with two ...although, even busier, and it gets a bit easier when as they grow. Now my kids play with each other (and fight ;) ). It goes too fast. Soak it all up! Love ya!