It's almost 12:30pm, We walked in the door from a play date with friend Rachel (thankfully she didn't mind my 3 day old greasy hair, no make up look & that I was 45 minutes late showing up). Bennett is crying & ready to eat, my boobs are ready to burst, Davis is crying & ready to eat before we lay him down for his nap at 1pm. I quickly strap Bennett into the Bjorn & I'm bouncing & shushing him while making Davis lunch & putting him in & out of time out, due to unnecessary screaming tantrums over not letting him have a "po-cue" (popsicle) for lunch.
This is our new normal. Bless Davis that he takes a 4 hour afternoon nap. It kind of saves me on days like this. And did I tell you about last Friday when I took Davis to Bennett's doctor appt? Ryan was out of town, our babysitters were out of town so off we all went to the pediatrician. They brought poor Bennett back in the room after the procedure (he was getting circumcised), screaming louder than I have ever heard him scream. The nurse left the room, Davis (scared & confused as to why Bennett wouldn't stop crying) immediately burst into full panic screaming mode too, spilled his toys & snacks all of the floor and asking me to hold him. So naturally, I burst into tears too! There we were, the three of us, soaked in tears and all holding onto each other. Looking back on this, it makes me laugh. I suppose there will be lots of days like this ahead us. We are still trying to figure this out!
Are you sick of all my pictures yet? I probably took one too many in Bennett's first week of life. But, they change so fast & to put my mind at ease I take a million photos. I want to remember every detail & every moment! My mom, sister & brother stayed with us for just over a week. Words can not express how much they helped! My sweet mother went above & beyond to make sure the house stayed perfectly put together, we were always fed, she planted my flower bed on my porch, held Bennett through the wee hours of the night so I could sleep & she took Davis on fun new adventures every day. Something you may not know about her is that just under a year ago she was diagnosed with MS. It has completely changed her life & is a daily struggle & battle for her. I know we beyond exhausted her, but she effortlessly was always there to help! She is amazing & I love her beyond words.
A few photos in no particular order from Bennett's first week home.
New succulents for the front porch
First Bath






4 comments:
I couldn't help but smile at your pedi story. I've had days like that! Two is a lot of work sometimes. But then they start to love eachother and it's so worth it!
Whitney! Your boys are beautiful! Two boys are the best! It is so hard the first few months but it does get better and they do become friends. Best buds!
By the way you are the prettiest person I've ever known! Not to mention the prettiest prego woman, seriously! I'm super jealous of how good you looked!
ou cant ever take enough pictures of your kids! Bless your moms heart! and thank heavens for moms. I would be lost without mine. Love you dear!
That first paragraph basically describes my life! Just when I think I'm getting the hang of things something else happens to throw it all off again. (Like going back to work or getting called to be the primary president.) My house is rarely ever clean and Berkley watches way too much Dora but hey, we're all just trying to figure it out right?
Post a Comment