9/2/12

Quarter of a Century.

One 2 1/2 year old boy, one 2 month old baby & one 30 something husband & I still feel like I graduated from high school just last week. 

Did you know for the last six years I have spent my birthday living in a different city or house? NYC to Utah to Santa Monica to Bountiful to Las Vegas and finally to Temecula. I'm hoping that next year we can break the record... but that would mean we would still be living in this rental, so maybe I hope to keep the record going. Actually, fingers crossed! 

We flew my sweet mother in & snuck away for a little staycation at the Hyatt in Huntington Beach. All we wanted to do was eat, sleep, lay in the sun, make a new smashball record for ourselves (we are dorks), ride our beach cruisers & eat some more. I had the world's best key lime pie at Rusty Pelican. The yummiest cinnamon raisin french toast at The Sugar Shack, our (2nd) favorite margherita pizza at Pizzeria Mozza in Newport & a mouth watering crab & lobster quesadilla from Javiers in Crystal Cove. We came home well rested & with a gigantic laundry bag full of ice from the vending machine with lots of my milk (hooray for pumping!). The Valet looked at me rather confused as they carefully placed a plastic laundry bag full of ice into our car. 

7 comments:

The Alvords said...

Oh how I hope and pray I look like you just 2 months after giving birth to my second. You are amazing and beautiful, kind and sweet. Happy Birthday, Whit!

{Levi and Em} said...

Seriously, you look unreal for having a 2 month old! Never have I seen someone look so gorgeous, you're flawless Whit. So glad you had such an incredible birthday getaway, you deserved it !!

.kaitlyn. said...

what a fun birthday celebration. love huntington! you look so cute!

Jess said...

Whit ... you look stinking amazing!! And oh my can I say I am jealous? What an awesome birthday!! You sure deserve it!!

Cami @ All Things Lovely said...

Um will you please stop looking so cute! K thanks.
Glad you had an awesome birthday! It looks and sounds like so much fun!!!
Perfect way to celebrate
xoxo

agirlnamedgay said...

Can I tell you these are some of my fave pics?!! Like that one of you on the bike...killer. For real. And I'm hoping the diff house bday tradition continues. We're saving you all a place right here in the PP!

Jenna Rabe said...

How fun! (I'm late in checking your blog...) Looks like you had an amazing birthday!! And you look AMAZING!! Please pass on any tips :) I love and miss you! Hope to talk to you soon!