10/23/12

My Favorite things Baby/ Mama.

Have you heard about diapers.com? I order my diapers, wipes, pacifier's, nursing pads, bottles, etc (pretty much everything). It's cheaper than Costco (or maybe the same price?), free shipping & next day delivery. As a mom to two, the less I have to be in the grocery store hauling giant boxes while wrangling children, the better. They are wonderful! 

Also, I always tell new moms to buy yourself one or two nice new lounge/ sweat outfits. You will be living in lounge wear the next few months & I swear it does wonders on an achey/ recovering/ hormonal/ not quite yourself body to have a hot shower, pretty lip gloss & new lounge clothes to sit around in!   

So... Here's a list of my favorites. Remember every mom & baby is different and there are so many great things out there these days, make sure you find what works best for you. Trust your instincts. These are just a few things that have worked great for us & helped make being a new parent just a little bit easier.  Hopefully you can find one or two new favorite things too! 

This nursing bra is hands down my very favorite! Comfy enough to wear to bed, but still gives great support & coverage for during the day. This is something you wear 24/7... invest in a few good ones!
This is a great (& cheap) nursing bra to sleep in.
My favorite nursing pads & nipple cream.
Love These side snap onesies for a newborn
I only wash my babies clothes in this
I swear by this stuff to get most every stain out!
You must own a bobby pillow! And put a cute cover on it like this or this
A good sound machine is a must to help baby sleep through the night. This one is amazing! 
A good swing is a must. 
Our favorite newborn diapers are these.
These wipes are a must for their new little bums! 
These swaddling blankets are my very favorite. These are great too, but the bamboo are SO soft!
Favorite cleansing cloths. Obsessed with the smell! Especially great before they are able to take a bath.
Love this soft receiving blanket. I've washed it dozens of times & it still looks brand new. 
This is my very favorite Newborn shampoo. Helps with flakes, dry scalp & cradle cap.
This lotion is my favorite, but I die over the way this one smells. Both are great!
This body wash & this are favorites too.
These are my favorite pacifier's for newborns. We love these when they get bigger.
I love this carrier! I can wear it for hours with no back ache.  
Love these bibs/ burp cloths. Soft on their skin & save their clothes from getting soaked in spit up!
We have loved this bath tub! Easy to fold down & put away each night. 
My favorite bottles
The greatest pump ever made! Makes pumping easy & quick. These are my favorite milk storage bags too. 
I am not one for parenting books, but this is one of my favorites.
Make sure you have this on hand. Believe it or not, It was the only thing that cleared up Bennett's horrible newborn rash & baby acne. I still use it on him every so often!  


Now what are some of your favorite things? I'm always on the lookout for useful, cute new things or tricks! Us Mama's can use all the help/ advice we can get!

6 comments:

Jylare Smith said...

I love this whole list! So good to have. :)

Katie Evertsen said...

Yay! I'm so glad you did your favorite things!! Great suggestions, especially on the lounge wear, never would have thought of that. Question, on the side snap onsies would you just get a few for the hospital so its easier on the umbilical cord? I keep seeing the two piece outfits, but I'm still unsure on the benefits. Are they more of a hospital sort of thing? (Can you tell I am new at this!?) xoxo

agirlnamedgay said...

Is it sad to say that my favorite thing is....I'm out of this stage! Love my babies and am so happy to be at the stage of holding other people's babies again!!!

k. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
k. said...


Good list, Whit - we've had a lot of the same favorites with Q & West! And I have the yellow trellis boppy cover from Etsy you listed - makes me happy to have something that looks cute on my couch since it has to be out all the time!

Bennett is darling! Loved catching up on your blog.

Callie said...

Love this list. There are things on here that I also swear by and some that I've never tried. Thanks for sharing!