This phrase, "She thought she could & so she did", has been stuck in my head (I think I heard it on pinterest?).
I've been thinking lately, and since when did we ever lose sight of feeling like we could conquer the world? Remember in Kindergarten when you were going to become the next president, be a movie star, become a super hero & save the world, or have your own cooking show? Well, I suppose life happens & we lose that. Or maybe it's just me. We start comparing, someone tells you can't or you're not good enough, you try something new & it fails, our trials & people we encounter slowly but surely bring us down & we just can't seem to ever get back to where we once were. To that I can do anything mentality. I can't tell you how many times I've looked at other people's successes & accomplishments & been so happy for them, but so deeply wished I was brave, talented, athletic, crafty, intelligent or gifted like they were. However, instead of attempting to do anything, I just shrug my shoulders & say, oh well & I settle for the way that I am. Well, I'm done settling! When I heard this phrase the other day it was just sort of empowering. Like a light bulb all of the sudden went off in my head. 8 simple words that made me stand a little taller & gave me the confidence I was looking for. Because why not me, why can't I do that? Ask yourself that question. Believe in yourself & walk forward with the faith (and your kindergarten mentality) that you can do anything. I'm not saying it's going to be easy & that you won't fall flat on your face, but why not try?
I hope I can always try & surround myself with truly genuine & happy people. Life is hard! I think the last thing we need is someone or something negative. And in return I hope that I can be the kind of wife, friend & mother who never stops cheering you on & who is sincerely happy for your successes & there to pick you up when you do fall flat on your face, because heaven knows I do at least once a day (fall flat on my face, that is).
.She thought she could and so she did.
Say it & believe it
29 Weeks
Indulged in yummy fish tacos & fresh Pina Coladas
My belly button is going to burst at any moment, I'm sure of it!







8 comments:
funny you should say that. my boys have been talking endlessly about a)which professional sport they're going to play when they're older and b)which team within that sport. that is just how they see life. and it's adorable! thanks for sharing this idea- i'm with you, it is very inspiring! and yes, save me a spot next door, whit!
cute easter pics! & I loved that post. A couple weeks ago I did that on a run. I told myself I was gonna run for what seemed like a really long time without stopping and I did it. I just decided and didn't let myself debate about doing it, I just did. I know it was silly but when I was done I felt AMAZING, not so much from the running but from the empowerment I felt. after that I felt like "what the... I am capable" i forgot I was capable of things!
also- if I had to say one thing about you to someone who didn't know you at all I would say you are the most sincerely thoughtful person I know. you absolutely are the kind of woman who is happy for others and supports those in her life who need it. check that one off your list girl!
I needed this today! As I was just thinking...how am I going to entertain myself this summer while my husband is out working hard...crafts? Don't do that...blog? Not so much...etc. Well you inspired me today whit! So I'm going to begin. Ps I can't wait to see you!!!
Love big D...he's lookin so grown up in his bow tie and what not.
Looks like a wonderful Easter!
P.s. I think you are an amazing friend and momma! You are always genuinly happy for those around you! That's an amazing quality.
xo
You look great! Your little belly is adorable!
You are adorable and so is your family. Love you, dear :)
adorable family... I am dying over here with the cuteness of these pictures!
You look so fabulous & you have the cutest little fam! xoxox
Post a Comment